This morning I have some really easy and cute checkered nails to show you. Unlike the checkered nails I did in the past using scotch tape, I did these with my Salon Express stamping plates.
Black and White Checkered Nails:
How To Get These Nails:
- Apply base coat (I used Ulta base coat)
- Apply 2 coats OPI Alpine Snow white polish
- Allow white to dry slightly, then apply 2 coats Seche Vite.
- Allow to dry thoroughly (~10 minutes).
- Use Salon Express plate SE 22 and black Konad special polish to stamp checkered design on nails. (2 side notes: 1) I wanted my checkers to be slightly diagonal, but some of mine ended up too straight, so in the future I’ll fix that. 2) The SE full-nail plates are too small for my nails, so I have to put 2 stamps side-by-side. This isn’t TOO hard but does take a little practice)
- When the black is dry, apply a coat of Seche and you’re done!
My husband wouldn’t stop telling me (and everyone) that I had racing nails (cuz they look like the checkered flag), and I guess he’s right! If you are a big racing/NASCAR fan these would be good for a race day! I don’t follow racing of any kind (unless you give me a go-kart, then I’m all over that!!) but I still really liked these nails. I can’t wait to do more experimenting with this plate. 🙂 Stay tuned because later this afternoon I have a post about nails I did by just spending about 5 extra minutes after I got done with these…. you’ll have to wait and see 😉