Hey There Polished People!
I hope you all had a nice weekend and those of you in the US, I hope you got a three-day-weekend and enjoyed it. My mom had Presidents’ Day off so we went shopping for some new tennis shoes for me and guess what? Wommmp wommmmmpppp… unsuccessful shopping trip. I hate when that happens!! I just want some cute but not-too-expensive tennis shoes, and all I could find were shoes that were in the wrong sizes for me and a few that were way too expensive. Booo!!! I’m hoping to go look at some other shoes tomorrow and maybe find a pair. I don’t need a new pair for any specific reason, I just seriously only have ONE pair of athletic shoes that I bought like IN HIGH SCHOOL!!! I am 28 years old… that was a while ago!! Haha. So, needless to say, I’m a woman on a mission 😉 Keep your fingers crossed for me tomorrow!
Today I have some super cute and easy nails to show you. All you really need is some blue polish and a silver striper or a striping brush and some silver polish. Ready to see em?
Denim Herringbone Nails
How To Get These Nails
- Use your favorite basecoat.
- Paint your nails with Sation Rock A Guy Blue. I used two coats.
- Apply one thin layer of Cult Nails Doppelganger to add some shimmer and a denim look to the blue polish.
- When your nails are dry to the touch, use a silver Stripe Rite striper to make vertical lines down the length of your nails.
- Next, add the slanted lines between the vertical nails, making sure they don’t meet on either side of the vertical lines to create the herringbone pattern.
- When the striping is slightly dry use your favorite topcoat. I have been using SH Mega Shine, which dries quick and shiny, but not quite as hard as Seche Vite, hence the squishing/wrinkle on my pinkie. 😦
These nails aren’t all that special exactly, but they were cute enough for a day at work, which is where I wore them. Also, which NEVER happens, they matched my outfit perfectly. I wore a navy top with subtle striping and then I had these nails so I was, like, SUPER matchy-matchy. I don’t necessarily think that’s a good thing, but it’s okay. 🙂
Let me know if you did anything exciting over the weekend and how you liked these nails! As always thanks for reading and till next time- Happy Polishing!! 😀