Hey There Polished People!
Today is Monday, therefore it’s Breast Cancer Awareness Polish Us Pink day…
…and it’s been three days since our last 31 Inspired Days of Nail Art post so that also means it’s challenge day!
Today’s challenge topic is Jelly Sandwich as you can see above, and since it’s BCA day I used a pinkish/magenta jelly to double up on my themes today. 🙂 I hope you like it!
Raspberry Jam Gradient Jelly Sandwich
How To Get These Nails:
- Base coat.
- Apply one thin coat of OPI Houston We Have A Purple to only the top 1/5 (closest to the free edge) of the nail.
- Apply a thin layer of WnW Tonight’s Gonna Be A Good Night (black and gold Fergie glitter) over the Houston We Have A Purple on the top 1/5 of the nail.
- Apply another coat of Houston We Have A Purple only on the 2/5 of your nail closest to the free edge. The bottom (cuticle side) 3/5 of your nail will be bare.
- Apply a thin coat of Tonight’s Gonna Be A Good Night on top of the latest layer of HWHAP. Allow it to dry slightly.
- Apply a thin layer of HWHAP on the 3/5 closest to the free edge. Apply a thin layer of TGBAGN over that. Allow to dry slightly.
- Apply a thin layer of HWHAP on the 4/5 closest to the free edge, apply a thin layer of TGBAGN over that.
- Apply a thin layer of HWHAP on the top of the whole nail.
- Apply a layer of Seche Vite and allow your nails to dry without denting them. The tips will be a little thick so be a little careful, however the Seche will smooth it out immensely and will dry to the touch almost instantly. However- they will still be gouge-able for a few minutes. Enjoy your pretty Raspberry Jam Gradient Jelly Sandwich Nails!
If you would like more information on Breast Cancer please click on the links below:
I hope you enjoyed these nails. I really liked the final result and I thought they looked SO much like raspberry jam… hence the name! 😉 Let me know how you like them, and also let me know how YOU like to use your jelly polishes! Don’t forget to click the button below to see everyone else’s nails! 🙂 As always, thanks for reading and till next time- Happy Polishing!! 😀
<!– start InLinkz script –>
<img style=”border:0px” src=”http://www.inlinkz.com/wpImg.php?id=191383″>
<!– end InLinkz script –>
Ooooo…it is like DOUBLE jelly sandwich, so you are blowing my mind, man! 😉
Raspberry jam is the *perfect* name!
That Fergie glitter seems rather versatile…may have to pick that bad boy up next time I see it 😉 I don’t have a polish with black glitter in it, hence the justification 😉
Good job on the justification!! Haha. Yeah it is quite versatile which I didn’t think it was when I first got it. Also I think I could probably get the black glitter out without any gold if I really tried so I might give that a go sometime. You do have to thin it a little though because it has that thickish gel-like base much like the Orly Glam FX glitters.
OMG…I have been hunting for THAT Wet N Wild Fergie glitter polish for weeks and no one carries it, and just when I was getting over my obsession… here it is again!!! I’m so totally envious.
Love the nails! 🙂 I wish you lived next door, I’d soo be over and borrowing your polish.
Aaghhh! Don’t you hate that?! I saw it around when it first came out but now idk if I’ve seen it. In what part of the US (or not US maybe?) do you live? Mine were found at Walgreens.
omg! Stunning! 😀 I love when there are multiple layers! It looks 3-D-like!
Thank you so much Traci!! I love jelly sandwiches for that reason too. You can see the glitter at different levels and its just so pretty! 🙂
I just don’t have that many jelly polishes which is probably a good thing considering I like them in the bottle and then I hate them on my nails. All I could think about what salt and pepper when I saw your nails…on a medium rare steak! lol…can you tell I want steak? 😛 I think this looks pretty cool, but I know I wouldn’t be able to to pull it off. I had a hard enough time dealing with my whimsical sammich.
You could always do it without all the fractional layering. 😉 But it does look a little like steak now that you say that. Speaking of… steak sounds delicious. I sorta ate dinner (some carrots and celery and a few tortilla chips) but I’m still hungry. I wish I was a magician and could make a steak appear. Or even some chicken Alfredo. Mmmmm. Or this chicken Parmesan from this place down the street, oh my gosh it’s so good! I’m pretty sure it has the calorie equivalent of a jelly donut the size of mars filled w lard instead of jelly but it’s to die for. Now I’m hungry, can you tell? Haha.
ooh these are very pretty I agree like raspberry jam! super cute and fun! ❤
Thank you! I love jelly sandwiches of all kinds 🙂
oh Nicole! i adooooooore these!!! i can’t get a proper jelly sandwich look. I suck at it!
Thank you!! I was kinda proud of these. Just keep practicing and I bet you’ll get it down. 🙂 What haven’t you liked w how they turn out?