Hey There Polished People!
How are you all doing today? I’ve been having a bit of a battle with my one-year-old lately. She’s actually almost one and a half (yikes). So, she has recently decided that she needs to wake up 2-7 times a night and require me to either find her pacifier on the floor and toss it in the crib, or find it for her inside the crib and actually put it back in her mouth. She definitely is capable of finding it and putting it in her own mouth, in fact ever since she was about 7 months old I could say to her from the front seat of the car, “Have your pacifier” (or, my favorite- “Pacify yo’ self!”) if she was upset and she would find it on the little pacifier clippy deal and stick it in her mouth. I think she’s just been trained that if she cries for .06 nanoseconds, Mommy will come into her room and get her whatever she needs. Also, she knows if she cries this certain shrill cry, that my heart will immediately break and I will do whatever necessary to make it stop. I realize she’s smart enough to figure that out now, so I’m trying to remember that I’m smart, too (she got her good looks from her daddy and her brains from her mommy ;)) and we are working on her getting herself back to sleep at night. Even though there’s only been a total of about 40 minutes of crying over the last week, each little 2 minute increment is hard. I know it’s best for her, and for me, though so we are sticking with it. Someone may have given in a little last night and possibly set us back a bit, but y’know… ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Speaking of babies, today I have some nails that I wore to my cousin’s baby shower. Shall we take a look and then talk about how I did them?
Easy Holographic Stripe Nails
How To Get These Nails
- Basecoat. I used Beauty Secrets here.
- Paint your nails with Zoya Tiana. Apply a coat of Seche Vite and allow them to dry thoroughly.
- When completely dry, use hole-reinforcement stickers at the base of your nail, and striping tape up by the free edge to tape off your design. Repeat for each nail.
- One nail at a time, apply two thin coats of L’oreal Masked Affair. Immediately remove the tape and sticker. I like to use an old pair of tweezers for the removal. It works better and is much cleaner. Repeat for each nail.
- When all of your nails are painted and the tape is removed, apply 2 coats of Seche Vite (one is fine if it adequately smooths out your lines) and you’re all done!
- Show off those nails!!!
Tape manis are such a fun and easy form of nail art. They’re actually the first form of nail art that I ever did. Do you remember your first type of nail art? Let me know in the comments below, and feel free to tag me on Instagram (@nicole_423) if you happen to have that picture on your account. I’d love to see them and comment on some of your pictures! As always, thank you all for reading and commenting and till next time- Happy Polishing!!! 😀