Hey There Polished People!
Remember when I was needle dragging everything? Well, today I have a mani from the archives that I did during that time. I had recently bought three China Glaze Hologlam polishes- Sci Fly By, When Stars Collide and Strap On Your Moonboots so I decided to try them all together in a needle drag mani. I was wondering- Will the holographic finish play well together and be extra super awesome? Will the polish even drag since they have a little bit of a finicky formula? Will the result even be worth sharing? To the pictures!!!
China Glaze Hologlam Needle Drag Mani
How To Get These Nails:
- Base coat.
- Paint your nails with a solid colored base. I went with a silver shimmer polish.
- Do the rest of these steps one nail at a time- start by painting three thickish lines (one of each ChG Sci Fly By, ChG When Stars Collide and ChG Strap On Your Moonboots) of polish horizontally up your nail between your cuticle and your free edge.
- Quickly grab a needle and drag it from just above the cuticle, out to the free edge of your nail. Hold the needle at a shallow angle (like 30 degrees-ish) to maximize surface tension and bring quite a bit of that polish out). Repeat the dragging several times so you get a starburst-like effect. You will bring some of the darker blue and purple back to the light blue with each subsequent stroke, but that’s ok, it makes a cool design. Work quickly and with a light hand.
- When your drag looks the way you want it, move on to the next nail and repeat steps 3 and 4. If you mess up, remove your polish and start over, it really doesn’t take very long because you don’t need to let the base (silver in my case) dry.
- Clean up your cuticles with a little brush after all of your nails are done, top them with topcoat (I’m using Seche Vite) and show off your neat nails! 🙂
So- did they turn out to be a holographic explosion? No. Did the polishes drag? Yes, although a little less easily than other polish formulas. Were they worth showing? I think so! But- you be the judge. Let me know how you liked them in the comments below. Also- is there a different creative use that you like your holographic polishes for? Help a girl out! 😉 As always, thanks for reading and till next time- Happy Polishing! 😀