Hey There Polished People!
I have had Silly Lily J-E-L-L-O sitting around forEVER and just finally got around to trying it. You may remember me sharing this Silly Lily polish with you, or perhaps this one quite a while ago. The ironic thing is that J-E-L-L-O is the polish I actually went to their store to find!! I don’t know why I didn’t try it for so long but today I finally have the post for you! Let’s see what I did with it, shall we?
Silly Lily J-E-L-L-O (and kind of a weird needle drag)
- Paint your nails with 2-3 coats of OPI DS Classic.
- Apply Silly Lily J-E-L-L-O to all finger nails except for your accent nail, then top with a coat of Seche Vite. Yes, I’m back to using Seche Vite. I couldn’t stand not using it any longer!
- On your accent nail, apply a coat of SV and allow your nail to dry thoroughly.
- When your nail is dry, apply the following polishes thickly in horizontal stripes across your nail from top to bottom (all are SH Insta-Dri polishes): Rapid Red, Heat Flash, Brisk Blue, Lickety-Split Lime.
- Quickly grab your needle and drag it through the polish, alternating directions.
- Top the accent nail with SV, clean up, and check out your fun nails! 🙂
In my head, the Silly Lily polish being all rainbow-colored was going to play off the holographic finish of OPI DS Classic, and then the accent nail was just going to like bring it all full-circle and it was going to be amazing. Well… it just turned out OK. Now, did the cloudy lighting help me at all? No, but even under bright artificial lighting it was just so-so. In good news, Silly Lily J-E-L-L-O was awesome! I love the rainbow-colored squares as much as I love a good Jello shot 😉 (well, did love before getting all pregnant) and the formula was good as well. It was a little thick, but as you can see it didn’t cover my nails in bubbles, so yay for that! 🙂 If you’d like to check out Silly Lily‘s polishes, check out her Etsy store here. As of the time I’m writing this post- J-E-L-L-O is still available!! She also has some cherry almond cuticle oil on there that I’m dying to try… maybe with my next order.
How do you like these nails? I know I set us all up to dislike these nails with the odd title, but that’s just what came to me and it’s my blog so.. :p Have you tried Silly Lily Polish before? Which polishes on her Etsy shop are particularly calling your name? Let me know in the comments below! Thank you all for reading, till next time- Happy Polishing!! 😀