Hey There Polished People!
Ever since my summer job started I’m just exhausted by the time I get home from work. I only work part-time but 4 hours out in the heat at the park with up to 45 children just wipes me out. Plus we have a lot of set-up and take down and the walking back and forth, and back and forth across the park to get supplies from our shed wears me out, too. That being said, it’s a pretty nice summer job and I’m thankful to have it. It’s been cutting down on my creativity for my nails though and I think my fatigue and impatience due to the fatigue are exacting a cost on my nail art. It seems like I’m having a hard time with EVERYTHING, nothing is looking right and I don’t even have anything very interesting to talk about in my posts. Sorry about that- hopefully I’ll bounce back. 🙂 For today I have a simple look with my favorite white and Lush Lacquer Clowning Around to show you. The pictures are a little terrible, my apologies, but I hope you get the idea and still like the nails. Let’s get to em.
Lush Lacquer Clowning Around Half Moon Mani
How To Get These Nails:
- Base coat.
- Paint your nails with NUP French White. I used two coats, maybe three.
- Apply a coat of Jessica Brilliance and allow your nails to dry thoroughly. It wouldn’t be a bad idea to have white nails for a day and come back to finish these tomorrow.
- When your nails are completely dry, use hole reinforcement circles to tape off the half-moon area of each nail. Press them down well so you don’t have any place for the polish to seep underneath.
- Apply a coat of Clowning Around over the hole reinforcement circles on the end of the nail. If you can’t get the large glitters out easily, which I could not on this night, don’t worry about it and you can get some out and use your dotting tool to apply them later. If you look carefully at these pictures, you will see some bubbles as well as a fiber (great, not) on my nails. I don’t know why I have been getting bubbles so much lately (maybe all these super-thick glitter bases??) but I’ve about had it.
- After you’ve painted Lush Lacquer Clowning Around on top of each nail, remove the stickers and apply topcoat (watch out for fibers!!!) and enjoy your neon glittery nails. 🙂
These nails really frustrated me because a) bubbles, I hate you, b) fiber, I also hate you and c) I wore these nails for like 3 days, forgot to take pictures of them and then had to take pictures in less-than-stellar lighting which made my pictures look all funky. I clearly can not be helped at this point. I hope I get this glitter topper to work better for me in the future because I love, love, LOVE the mixture of neon glitters in different sizes but I can not deal with the bubbles. If anyone has any tips for me, please don’t hesitate to share them with me in the comments.
Do you get in a nail slump sometimes? What do you do to bust that slump? Help me out with some slump busting suggestions, my nail polish friends! 😉 As always, thank you all for reading, and till next time- Happy Polishing!! 😀