Hey There Polished People!
After doing my Lush Lacquer Neon Lights nails with the neon accent nail I was pretty hyped about it and wanted to try a full neon rainbow mani. Well, I gave it a try, it didn’t turn out perfectly, but it was still pretty dang bright and eye-catching. Sometimes I do my nails in such a way (generally with neon colors) that they draw attention, on purpose. I just like people to notice my nails. Nails are something that aren’t visible from very far away, so only people you’re already interacting with in some way can really notice them and I like that. I don’t really want people from across the street shouting something at me, but when people right in front of me compliment my nails I really do like it. 🙂 My husband is always telling people, “We can’t go ANYWHERE without someone commenting on her nails!” And I just shrug like, “Well, what can I say?” 😉 Ready to see today’s eye catchers?
Neon Rainbow Gradient Nails
How To Get These Nails:
- Paint your nails with your favorite basecoat.
- Apply 2 coats of Nina Ultra Pro French White (I’m abbreviating this to NUP in the future, just FYI. That’s a long name!) as white undies for your neon gradient. Allow these nails to dry to the touch. I added a coat of Jessica Brilliance to speed up the drying process.
- When the white polish is dry to the touch, paint three stripes of polish on a sponge- ChG Flip Flop Fantasy, Orly Glowstick and FP Inkblot Blue. Overlap the yellow over the other two colors slightly.
- Dab the sponge with the nail polish onto your nail, moving ever so slightly up and down to blur the colors together and create the green between yellow and blue, and the orange between pink and yellow.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 for each nail. You may want to do each nail twice to improve the smoothness of your gradient and make the colors more opaque.
- When the gradients look good to you, apply a coat of Jessica Brilliance and admire your lovely bright nails!! 😀
I appreciated the brightness of these nails, but as you can see my gradient leaves a bit to be desired. My colors are awfully uneven and just look kinda messy to me. To avoid posting 8 billion pictures in one post, in my next post I’ll show you what I did to these nails to fix em up a bit. What I did with them ended up making them some of my favorite nails in quite a while! I just really loved them and I hope you will, too. Stay tuned to see those next!! 🙂
Any guesses about how I spruced these bad boys up? Some of you may have seen on Twitter already. 🙂 I am bad at giving sneak peaks sometimes when I really like something!! 😀 As always, thank you all for reading and commenting and till next time- Happy Polishing!! 😀