Hey There Polished People!
When I went camping the weekend before last I wore some cute neon nails that I may have told some of you about already but today I am finally ready to share them with you!! 🙂 I recently bought two polishes from Lush Lacquer (find their Etsy shop here) and couldn’t wait to try them out, so for my camping mani I decided to use one of the polishes- Neon Lights on all my fingers except for one nail accented with a neon gradient using the same colors from Neon Lights. I absolutely LOVED how it turned out. I don’t even have anything else to add to this post before I show you. Just behold the neon goodness-
Lush Lacquer Neon Lights w a Neon Gradient Accent Nail
How To Get These Nails:
- Apply your basecoat.
- Paint all nails except for the accent nail with 3ish coats of Lush Lacquer Neon Lights. (see quick review below this tutorial)
- Paint your accent nail with 2 thin or 2 thick coat of Nina Ultra Pro French White, or your favorite white polish.
- Apply Jessica Brilliance to all of your nails. Allow especially the accent nail to dry to the touch before moving on to the next step. Your Neon Lights nails are done. 🙂
- When your white accent nail is dry to the touch, paint three stripes of ChG Kiwi Coolada, Orly Glowstick and ChG Flip Flop Fantasy onto a makeup sponge like so- (ignore the extra green stripe, I just used that to fully cover my tips with green)
- Use the sponge to dab the polish onto your nail, moving it ever so slightly to blur the colors together a bit.
- Repaint the sponge and redab if you feel like you need a little more opacity or a smoother gradient.
- When your accent gradient looks right to you, apply a final coat of Jessica Brilliance and ta-daa! You’re done! How cute are these nails!!! 😀
Quick Review of Lush Lacquer Neon Lights:
Neon Lights is an awesome mixture of neon yellow, orange, pink and green glitter of various sizes in a milky white base.
The application of this glitter is awesome. It’s not goopy so it wont leave you bubbled, the glitter comes out EASILY (ahhhh! *angels singing*) and it goes on pretty smooth. I would recommend that instead of applying three or four coats of this polish to reach perfect opacity like I did, that you apply some white polish undies first and then 2 coats of Neon Lights. There’s just no reason to waste your precious polish, and also it will help the polish not get so thick with multiple layers of large glitter. The only application issue to watch out for is that since some of the glitter is so large, sometimes it has a tendency, at least for me, to like pop out of the polish after a couple of days. To remedy this potential problem, just make sure you apply a couple of coats of topcoat to keep those bad boys in place. I went a little thin with my Jessica Brilliance and had a few of the huge hexes pop out after about 3 days. I don’t really see this as a problem because after 3 days my nails are looking a little rough anyway, but just FYI. 🙂
Yes, Please! or No, Thank You:
YES, PLEASE!!! Seriously, I LOVE LOVE LOVE this polish. I recommend this to absolutely everyone. It looks as though when I’m typing this up that Neon Lights is still in stock, so please do yourself a favor and hop on over to the Lush Lacquer Etsy Shop now and order yourself a bottle of this and also Clowning Around (neon glitter in a clear base), which I’ll use and review later. 🙂 I don’t get any kind of kickback from referring you, I bought my Lush Lacquers myself for regular full price, in fact the ladies (a super-cute mom and daughter team) who make this brand likely don’t even know I exist, but the polish is just seriously THAT awesome. 😉
Do you have any Lush Lacquer polishes? How do you like my camping nails? Please weigh in in the comments below because I loved these nails so much that if no one even notices them I might cry. You don’t want to make me cry, do you?! 😉 Seriously though, thank you all for reading and till next time- Happy Polishing!! 😀