Hey There Polished People!
Well, I’m still on my gradient kick over here. When my husband and I went camping for Memorial Day weekend, I wanted to have some fun nails, and in the process of asking for advice on Twitter, Alaina from The Little Canvas, told me that you can do a gradient with Zoya Pixie Dust polish, without using a sponge like I did for my Miranda and Liberty gradient nails. She said you can just apply it with the polish brush and the texture picks up a little of the polish and creates its own gradient. Well, that didn’t exactly work for me, but they still turned out “ok.” They look a little like candy corn, and a little like campfire, but I didn’t love them all that much so I took them off and ended up doing some neon nails for camping. Nevertheless, let’s see the runners-up.
Campfire Candy Corn Sponge-Free Gradient Nails
How To Get These Nails:
- No base coat is necessary with the Zoya Pixie Dust polishes, especially the light gold of Solange, but I still use a coat for strength and just out of habit. I slapped on a coat of SH Hard As Nails.
- Paint your nails with Zoya Solange. I used 2 coats.
- Using the polish brush, apply Zoya Beatrix on the top 2/3 of the nail (top meaning nearest the free edge).
- Using the polish brush, apply Zoya Destiny on the top 1/3 of the nail.
- You don’t need or want to use topcoat with the Pixies so ta-daa, you’re all done!
I don’t think these look AWFUL, but they don’t look as gradient-y as I wanted them to. I just don’t think I have the right touch to do a gradient without a sponge, heck I don’t always have the right touch to do a gradient WITH a sponge!! Haha. Anyway- let me know what you think and when you see the next nails (my actual Memorial Day nails) you’ll have to let me know if you think I made the right decision. Do you think these look like candy corn or more like campfire? Let me know in the comments below. As always, thank you all for reading and till next time- Happy Polishing!! 😀