Hey There Polished People!
Who’s ready for summer??!!! I am!!! Cynthia, I can hear your groaning… stop that. 😀 I wanted to do a little nail art with all my new Zoya polishes, and like I said in my Zoya Irresistible post, one thing I really like about the Stunning and Irresistible collections are how they match up with one another. I decided to grab Thandie (Stunning) and Amy (Irresistible) and do a little gradient. I was telling Siobhan, (Von Von the Zookeeper! Click on her link and ask her why I’d say that! :p ) about my nails and saying how they were a little subtle so I kinda wanted to stamp over them and she suggested that I stamp just on one nail. GENIUS!! I haven’t done an accent nail in a while, AND that was exactly what these nails needed. Great suggestion Siobhan, thank you!! Let’s see how they turned out!
Quirky Cool Accent Nail Art
How To Get These Nails:
- Base coat.
- Paint your nails with Zoya Thandie to provide a solid base. I used 2 coats here.
- Using a makeup sponge and Thandie and Amy sponge your nails with a gradient so that the shimmery Zoya Amy is at the tip of your nail and the rest is the lovely Thandie orange creme.
- Apply a coat of Jessica Brilliance and allow your nails to dry.
- When your ring finger is totally dry and unsmooshable* use CH37 and Essie Good As Gold to stamp the sunglasses on your nail.
- Apply a layer of topcoat over the stamp when it’s dry, being careful not to smear it (work fast and with a good amount of topcoat on the brush).
- Clean up your nails using a little brush dipped in acetone, and ta-daaa fun summery nails! 🙂
I sometimes find the Cheeky Summer 2012 stamping plates to be a little juvenile for me, but for one single nail I thought these sunglasses were kinda fun. I can’t see myself doing a full sunglasses mani (well, probably not anyway. Never say never, right Biebs?), but for an accent- I thought they were cool. This stamp reminds me of a story Daniel told me about when he was in high school. He had this one teacher who was kind of an older black man (kind of older, not kind of black) and Daniel apparently was being a turd and got sent out in the hallway. I guess when the teacher came out to lecture him about his behavior he said, “Put on your sun shades boy, cuz you’re gonna see the LIGHT!” Haha! I love that story and can’t help but think that teacher was probably a pretty entertaining guy. 😉
How do you like these nails? If you have the Cheeky Summer 2012 plates do you find them a little childish sometimes or do you like all the credit card, pizza slice, fountain drink stamps? I definitely think they’re fun, even if not really “for me.” Thank you all for reading and commenting and till next time- Happy Polishing!! 😀