Hey There Polished People!
Just in case you haven’t been told already, I have a personal announcement to make:
Yep, that’s correct! This nail lady is PREGNANT!!! My husband and I are very excited, as are our families because this will be both of our parents’ first grandchild. I am just through my first trimester at 13 weeks 4 days (to be exact) and am feeling good. To celebrate my official blog announcement me and a few of my favorite blogger/twitter friends are all doing baby nails today. Please make sure to check out their baby themed nails, after you look at mine, of course. 😉
Here are the participants and where you can find their posts:
How To Get These Nails:
- Base coat.
- Paint your nails half and half with OPI Pink Friday (pink) and CC Mrs. Robinson (blue). I freehanded my center line but you could certainly start with one color, tape it off and then paint the other.
- Apply a coat of quick dry top coat (I have been using Jessica Brilliance since becoming pg) and let your nails dry thoroughly.
- When your nails are hard and no longer squishable, use a piece of tape or a sticky note to tape off the pink side of your nails and use CH 34 and Konad special white polish to stamp the cowboy silhouette on the blue side.
- When you’re done stamping the blue sides, use a piece of tape that you’ve stuck to your hand a few times (to remove the stickiness) or a sticky note to tape off the blue side that you just stamped exposing the pink side. Use BM 307 and Konad special white to stamp the butterflies on the pink side.
- Remove the tape/sticky note and use the Konad polish and a dotting tool to make the dots down the center.
- Give your dots a second to dry, then apply a final coat of Jessica Brilliance. Enjoy your cute baby nails! 🙂
I thought it might be fun to have a little poll and see if we’re correct in a couple of months (we should find out mid-May) whether it’s a boy or a girl. I’ll list some symptoms that may/may not give anyone a clue, then you can decide what you think I’ll be having. I know Frosso was looking forward to it being a unicorn, but from the ultrasound we have already seen its little baby shape. 🙂
Boy Or Girl?
- no morning sickness
- have gained 2-3 lbs so far
- not showing much yet, but looking a little poochy in the top of my belly
- skin changes- more pimples 😦
- mood swings just in the last week
I think most of those are just regular pregnancy symptoms, but some people have told me certain things are supposed to tell you what you’re having… anyway- time to weigh in!
Thanks to Cynthia, Lesley, Frosso, Siobhan and Jessica for participating in this fun nail day with me!! I hope everyone liked my nails, let me know what you think!! Thanks so much for reading and commenting! Also, thank you for being patient with my somewhat erratic posting schedule. I’m trying hard to get back into the swing of things and post at least 2-3 times a week. It’s hard since I’m trying to paint my nails less to avoid some of the fumes. 🙂 Till next time- Happy Polishing!!