Hey There Polished People!
Remember the radical 80s and awesome early 90s?? The days of hammer pants (can’t touch this, or rather, you shouldn’t!), leggings with scrunchie socks pulled up over the bottoms, hair scrunchies and tacky perms? Ohhhh yeah those were the days! I had all of those things at one point or another. One thing I did not have was acid wash jeans, but unfortunately for me I do know what they look like and when I was playing around with my nails the other day I ended up with what I’m calling Acid Wash Nails. Ready to see these totally tubular talons?
Acid Wash Nails
- Use your basecoat.
- Paint your nails with FP Black Expressionism.
- Allow that color to dry to the touch.
- Using OPI Alpine Snow, wipe most of the polish off your brush so it looks pretty dry, then start at one side and start swiping the nearly-dry brush sideways across your nail. Focus on the area right next to your skin first, then fill in the middle a little. When absolutely NO polish is coming off your brush anymore, re-dip and wipe it so there’s just the tiniest amount on the brush again.
- Repeat step 4 for all your nails.
- Cover your nails with a coat of SH Mega Shine.
- Impress your friends! They won’t know what’s up with your nails. 🙂
I did these as a potential base for some Valentine’s Day nail art so you’ll be seeing that soon enough. 🙂 I really liked these nails, though, I think I’ll do them again sometime with different colors and maybe even a third color. Let me know what you think and if there are any 80s/90s trends you particularly “enjoyed” in the comments below. Thanks for reading and till next time- Happy Polishing!! 😀