Hey There Polished People!!
I always admire striped nails. I love the various width stripes, even stripes, fat stripes, thin stripes, bold stripes, neutral stripes… there’s just something about stripes that I love! Some of my favorite striped nails were my nautical striped nails that you can see here. Maybe the stripes just appeal to my love of order and regularity. Whenever I tell someone about how I like organization and symmetry I just can’t help but think of one time my brother and I were at Chevy’s restaurant. We had arranged our napkins and drink cups so that they had rotational symmetry (google it) and when the waiter came back he saw how we had things laid out and said, “Whoa… are you guys GEOMETRY MAJORS?!!” Me and my brother just looked at each other and were like, REALLY!?! And started laughing. Now whenever we see that we’ve done something like that- arranged things just so- we’re like, “We’re GEOMETRY majors!!” ;p For the record- we are, in fact, not! 😉 Let’s see today’s nails, shall we?
Pink and Nude Striped Tape Mani
- Apply base coat.
- Cut some tape into different widths. I did a wide, a medium and a thin strip for each nail, but you can do it however your little heart desires. 🙂 I leave my tape stuck to my hand while I wait to use it to remove a little of the stickiness. You might want to do this, as well.
- Paint your nails with OPI DS Classic. You’ll need 2-3 coats.
- Apply a coat of Seche Vite and allow your nails to dry thoroughly.
- When your nails are all dry, apply the tape to each nail. I did the thick at the free edge-side, the medium in the middle and the thin near the cuticle. Again, feel free to be a hardcore rebel and do this however you see fit.
- One nail at a time, make sure your strips are pushed down all the way, then paint over the strips with OPI Pink Friday. Do not remove the tape yet. You need two coats.
- Once you have all your nails painted with the first coat, go back and one at a time, paint your final coat of OPI Pink Friday and then remove the tape immediately after painting each nail. Just FYI I use tweezers to remove the tape, I just find it easier and then I don’t totally mess up my other hand’s nails.
- Let the pink dry a bit then carefully apply a final coat of Seche Vite.
- Show your friends your fun nails!! 🙂
Is there a particular nail design that allllllways calls to you? Also- how do you like this color combo? I feel like it looked better in my head than in real life. I sometimes think holographic polishes are hard to pair. They’re already so awesome on their own, I think sometimes doing anything with them just dulls them. The good news for these nails is that the holographic-ness of DS Classic doesn’t show much in these pics so maybe that helps em 🙂 As always, thank you all for reading and till next time- Happy Polishing!!! 😀