Hey There Polished People!
I really enjoyed our conversations about weak female lead characters yesterday. It sounded like a lot of people felt the same as I did. Just quickly since I’m still thinking about that topic I wanna say that although they are also fluffy reads, Nicholas Sparks’ books always have a MOSTLY intelligent female lead character. In The Guardian which I am reading right now, the main character, Julie, uses her brain like normal people, knows when people like her and doesn’t act as if she has no clue how smokin’ hot she is. I get so annoyed with all these characters that are drop-dead gorgeous but the character themselves think they’re ugly. We are not in high school, people. If you are decent looking, you should at least own up to that. It’s not fishing (for compliments) season. I really love Nicholas Sparks’ books even though I pretty much know what’s going to happen. The two main characters are always a male and female (they’re always love stories) and someone new always moves into town (the male or female lead), they slowly strike up a relationship, the woman always has an older woman friend/confidante, the story always reaches its climax during a storm and then things get resolved and everyone (generally, not always) lives happily ever after. Oh- and it’s almost always set in North Carolina in a coastal town. There are several other similarities between his books but these are the ones that come to mind right away. I’ve read a TON of his books, so I should know 😉
Ready to conclude black and white weekend?
Triangle Tip B&W Nails
- Base coat.
- Paint your nails with Nina Ulta Pro French White.
- Apply a coat of Seche Vite and allow your nails to dry thoroughly.
- Tape off the triangles at the tips using a square of Scotch tape or triangular manicure guides.
- Paint the bottom (closest to the cuticle) half of the nail with FP Black Expressionism. Remove the tape/guides.
- Using the polish brush, dab a little OPI Pirouette My Whistle along the line where the black meets the white.
- Apply a final coat of Seche Vite and a thin coat of Essie Matte About You if you’d like them matte.
- Tweet me a picture of your nails @polishmeplease
Is there an author who always puts out books you like to read? Also- how did you like these nails? Matte or shiny? Thank you all for reading and till next time- Happy Polishing!! 😀