Hey There Polished People!
I recently got China Glaze Running In Circles from the Cirque collection and couldn’t wait to do something with it. It’s beautiful on its own (I’ll post the review one of these days but just know- it’s awesome) but I wanted to add some nail art. I decided to do little squares, I do not know why, and I think it turned out like one of those elementary school art projects where you cut slits in a piece of paper and then weave strips of differently colored paper through. Does anyone know what I mean? I think we made place mats out of ours when I was in school. It’s amazing how you can have the weirdest piece of elementary school art, laminate it or but it on black construction paper and leave a border and ta-daaaaa! It’s a masterpiece. When I taught my preschool art classes and when I student-taught first grade I loved taking the kids’ crazy art projects and figuring out how to make them look really fancy. Enough about that- would you like to see today’s nails? I thought so.
Christmas Squares Nails
How To Get These Nails:
- Base coat.
- Paint your nails with ChG Running In Circles.
- Apply a coat of Seche Vite and allow your nails to dry completely.
- Use striping tape to make a grid on your nails.
- Using a dotting tool fill in the desired boxes with color, being careful to stay within the striping tape lines. For the red I used Essence Fame Fatal. For the white I used Essence white Stampy Polish and for the gold I used Essie Good As Gold.
- Remove the striping tape and let your squares dry.
- When the squares are mostly dry (and no longer smear-able) carefully apply your Seche Vite.
- Go make one of those woven paper place mats with your kids, yourself, your spouse, a friend, or not at all you party pooper.
What do you think about these? Do you know what I’m talking about with the paper-weaving business? Do you remember a certain art or craft project in school that you particularly liked or remember? Let me know what you think in the comments below. As always thank you for reading and commenting and till next time- Happy Polishing! 😀