Hey There Polished People!
I have seen lots of cute splatter manis around so I decided to give one a go. I got my polishes out, got some straws, prepared for a mess and blew away. Let’s see how they turned out!
Splatter Painted Nails
How To Get These Nails:
- Base coat. Never skip this step.
- Paint your nails all white. I used Nina Ultra Pro French White which is easily my new favorite white nail polish, sorry ChG White On White- Adios!
- Next comes the fun part. You need to drip about 4 drops of Ulta Socialite on a piece of foil, then dip a straw into it, place it about 4 inches above your nail and blow in short bursts. It should send polish shooting out of the straw onto your nail, but you may have to play with it a bit. I found this hard and had to do the dip/blow routine several times. Do this to each nail with that color.
- Repeat step 3 with ChG Exotic Encounters.
- Repeat step 3 with OPI Goldeneye.
- Clean up your cuticles and surrounding skin with a cotton ball dipped in acetone.
- Apply a coat of Seche Vite and allow your nails to dry completely. If you don’t want to do the stamping, your nails are complete! They should look like the top picture. 🙂
- If you want to add the stamp, grab Essie Good As Gold and BM 301 and stamp this sunburst design on each nail.
- Apply a final coat of Seche Vite and call it macaroni. Go see if you match YOUR mom’s tablecloth!! ;D