Hey There Polished People!!
Guess what?!! Today is the absolute last, final, day to end all days of the challenge!! Yayyyy! I have definitely enjoyed it, but at the same time I’m looking forward to posting what I want, when I want and not feeling any pressure. I feel like the challenge really brought some good manis out of me and I have to say… I think today’s another one! When I saw Cynthia’s tape mani on day 13, I really liked the idea of a gradient over tape. Cynthia’s was more spongey than mine ended up but I still really liked the blues that she used, and I liked how the tape removed to leave the bottom color, kind of adding another element of continuity to the nail. Here are her nails (click here to go to her actual blog post):
Cynthia’s Tape Mani
Taking her idea, here are the nails I came up with. 🙂
My Taped Off Gradient Nails
Side By Side Comparison
How To Get My Version Of These Nails:
- Base coat.
- Paint your nails with ~3 coats of Essence I Like Bad Boys.
- Apply a coat of Seche Vite and allow your nails to dry completely.
- Apply striping tape to your nails. You can get all “Criss Cross’ll make you JUMP… JUMP” like Cynthia or you can zig zag your way along like I did.
- Using a makeup sponge and Essence I Like Bad Boys and ChG Blue Bells Ring to make a gradient over the striping tape.
- When the gradients are how you’d like them to be, remove the tape and apply a final coat of Seche Vite.
- Try not to stare at your nails. Yes, this is a dare. 😉
I thought Cynthia’s nails were cool when I saw them and I also love my version of her nails! I just like the tape showing the bottom color under the gradient. And I LOVE the two polishes I used. Cynthia used a glitter, where as I used a foil, so mine is a little more subtly shifting from one color to the next, but her’s is cool cuz it’s so spongey… This was just a good idea on her part, and I’m glad I got a chance to redo it. I want to give a big thanks to Cynthia for sticking it out through the whole challenge, and for coming up with ideas that I want to copy. Thanks to you all for reading all our posts and sticking it out with us! Let me know what you think about our pretty blue nails in the comments below!! As always, thanks for reading and till next time- Happy Polishing!