Hey There Polished People!
Gosh, after today we only have 5 more days of the challenge to go! In the beginning I have to say it felt like it was never going to end, and now that it’s almost over it seems like it flew by. I definitely am enjoying Cynthia and I posting our nails every other day instead of every three days. It’s still manageable and enjoyable but doesn’t drag on quite so slowly. Also- we’ll be done just in time to do some Christmas Nails. 🙂 Today’s theme- Nails Inspired By A Video Game was really tricky. At first I wanted to do Mario Brothers nails, but every design I could possibly think of had been done, then I had this genius idea for Pac Man nails and of course like 5 days ago when I was about ready to give them a try I saw the EXACT same nails on Beautylish so those were out. Lots of people gave me suggestions for video game nails but it seemed like everything had been done, like three times over. I tried one design based on Kirby’s Dreamland (which I used to play on my Game Boy) but it was hideous (you can see it at the bottom of this post) and then finally decided on some Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Nails. I was quite the fan when I was a kid and remember playing the video game on my Nintendo. I was never much for video games but I remember playing this one quite a bit. I liked that Nintendo game and you know what? I like these nails! They’re different, but kinda cool! Let’s see em! 🙂
Ninja Turtle Nails
How To Get These Nails:
- Base coat. This time I’m trying OPI Natural Base Coat. It seemed to work well for me.
- Paint each nail with one of the Ninja Turtle colors: Paint your pinky blue with OPI Ogre The Top Blue for Leonardo. Paint your ring finger orange with OPI A Roll In The Hague for Michelangelo (he was always my favorite). Paint your middle finger purple with Essence Break Through for Donatello. Paint your index finger red with Essence Fame Fatal for Raphael. Paint your thumb turtle green with ChG Westside Warrior.
- Apply a coat of Seche Vite to all your nails. Allow them to dry thoroughly. You’re going to use tape so we don’t want it peeling off any of our polish! 🙂
- When your nails are dry, use scotch tape to tape off a small section at the tip of each nail except for the thumb. Make sure your tape is pressed down well.
- Use ChG Westside Warrior to paint inside the different colors, leaving a border of the color around the green. The tape will keep the green off of the tip of your nail. When you’ve applied the polish to the nail you can remove the tape. You should be left with nails that have a green “turtle shell” in the middle and an outline of each different Ninja Turtle color.
- Allow the green polish to dry. You can apply a coat of SV to speed it up or just wait till it’s dry.
- When your nails are dry, use BM 313 and Konad special black polish to stamp the turtle shell design over the entire nail. Repeat this for each nail.
- Apply a final coat of Seche Vite and show your TMNT pride! ;D
Were you a fan of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? I remember playing with the toys, too, not just the Nintendo game. 🙂 Were you much of a video game fan as a child? Are you still? Let me know the answers to all these questions and how you like these nails in the comments below. Thank you all for reading and commenting and till next time- Happy Polishing!! 😀
As promised, here is my hideous first attempt at nails inspired by a video game. FishJesus have mercy.