Hey There Polished People!
I showed you all my pumpkin pie nails on Thanksgiving but the nails I actually wore on Thanksgiving were a little different. When my cousin saw them he was like, “Whoa, those are some NAILS!” And my girl cousins wanted to look at them and ask how they were done. I didn’t go with anything Thanksgiving-y, instead I was in the mood for something super bright and cheerful. They ended up being quite 80s-rific but that wasn’t my intention. Ready to see em?
Super 80s Nails
I apologize for the awkward lighting and pose. These nails made it through Black Friday with me and I had to take a quick picture before taking my nap on Friday morning so the lighting left a bit to be desired.
How To Get These Nails:
- Base coat.
- Paint your nails white (you need some undies to make your neon polish pop). I used ChG White on White.
- Freehand the stripes (alternatively you can tape them off if you’d like) with ChG Flip Flop Fantasy and ChG Turned Up Turquoise. You don’t need to worry about them being too perfect because the stamping will hide most imperfections in the lines.
- Once your stripes are done, apply a coat of Seche Vite and allow to dry thoroughly.
- When your nails are dry, using BM 201 and Konad special black polish to stamp on the chevron design.
- Apply your final coat of Seche Vite and catch everyone’s eyes. 😉
What did you do with your nails for Thanksgiving (if you’re in the US)? How was your holiday? Did any of you go shopping on Black Friday? Let me know! As always, thanks for reading and till next time- Happy Polishing!!! 😀