Hey There Polished People!
Today our theme is Nails Inspired By A Celebrity. I have already done Lady Gaga Faux Talons, sexy Lady Gaga nails, Lady Gaga Houndstooth nails among other Lady Gaga Nails so for this day I wanted to choose someone a little less “out there.” I chose Taylor Swift!! Sometimes, I have to be honest, she annoys me. Sometimes she just seems too sweet and innocent, too cute and lovable… just TOO MUCH and it gets on my nerves. That being said, I can only deny my love for her for a little while because you know what the truth is? She just IS that cute and lovable and sweet and nice!!! Ugh perfect people!! Also I love her music. You can agree or disagree (my husband STRONGLY disagrees) but I just find all her songs so catchy, cute and relate-able and I just can’t help but sing along. For those of you who are not a fan… sorry. You’ve probably already clicked away from here, actually. Whoops! Let’s just see these nails!
Taylor Swift Inspired Nails
These nails were based loosely off of the dress she wore to the 2012 CMAs where I thought she looked particularly sophisticated and just beautiful. Ironically, on that night she wasn’t sporting her signature red lipstick but I still included the red lip print just for fun. Click here to see the dress I’m talking about. Speaking of red lipstick… I just can’t wear it. It’s so annoying but I always look ridiculous!! Red lipstick and bangs just aren’t for me. Darn.
How To Get These Nails:
- Base coat.
- Paint all but one of your nails white. I used ChG White On White.
- Paint the accent nail with 2-3 coats of OPI Goldeneye.
- Apply a coat of Seche Vite and allow your nails to dry thoroughly.
- When your nails are dry, apply striping tape in the diagonal designs to the white nails.
- Paint over the striping tape with OPI Goldeneye.
- Remove the tape. Make sure to remove it in the opposite order that you applied it- in other words remove the piece of tape that’s “on top” first to avoid messing up your design.
- Use SH Rapid Red and stamping plate BM 303 to stamp the red lip print on the all-gold accent nail.
- Apply a coat of Seche Vite to all nails.
- Admire your cute and T Swifty nails! 🙂
I love the lip print nail but the striping tape nails are just kinda mehhh. The taping is a little sloppy just because of the type of polish I used (not a nice smooth creme) and the design is just a bit lackluster. If I redid it I would have thicker white lines, probably using scotch tape or manicure guides. I do love the combo of this super yellow gold and the white. I think I’ll do something with that in the future. 🙂 Let me know if you’re a fan of Taylor Swift AND if there are other celebrities whose nails you admire! Thanks for reading and till next time- Happy Polishing!!