Hey There Polished People!!
Today brings us to our Nautical Nails day which I was very excited about. There’s something about blue and white and red that’s just so cute. And I looooove anchors. I made anchor bracelets for myself, my sister-in-law and the rest of the bridal party for my brother’s wedding. Click here if you want to see it. I wish I could find a long necklace with a chunky anchor pendant. If I could find one for a reasonable price I’d buy it right up. I’ve been keeping my eye out but… most of them are small, so no luck. For today’s nails I thought of the design quite quickly which was a welcome surprise! In the past I’ve done some nautical heart nails and some nautical stripe nails so this time around I wanted to do a bit of a skittley look. I really like how they turned out. I hope you do too! Let’s see em, shall we?
Nautical Skittley Nails
How To Get These Nails:
- Base coat.
- Paint your pinky and index finger with ChG White On White.
- Paint your middle finger with Cult Nails Time Traveler.
- Paint your ring finger and thumb with OPI Goldeneye.
- Apply a coat of Seche Vite to all nails and allow them all to dry thoroughly.
- When the blue nail is completely dry, use a white striper to paint an anchor on it. To get the top loop I dipped my dotting tool in the white striping polish, dotted a large dot, then dipped the small side of that dotting tool in Cult Nails Time Traveler and dotted a navy blue dot inside the white dot. The rest of the anchor I just free-handed.
- When the white nails are totally dry, use tape to tape off 2 stripes on each nail.
- Paint over the tape on the pinky with Cult Nails Time Traveler, then remove the tape.
- Paint over the tape on the index finger with OPI Big Apple Red, then remove the tape.
- Use a striper and Cult Nails Time Traveler and OPI Big Apple Red to add the red stripes on the blue nail, and the blue stripes on the red nail.
- Let all your striping dry and then apply a final coat of Seche Vite over all of your nails.
- Salute the nearest sailor! Or, alternatively, just tweet me a pic. 😉
How do you like these nails? I actually really loved them. I love skittely nails. As long as they all work together in some way I’m a big fan of skittles. Do you like nautical nails? Every time I wear nails like these or say how I want an anchor necklace my husband is like, “What are you?! A sailor?!” haha. He just doesn’t get it. I hope you do! 😉 Let me know what you think and till next time- Happy Polishing!! 😀