Hey There Polished People!
Today is the last day of our football mini challenge. You’ve seen our college team nails, our NFL team nails, our interpretation of each other’s college team nails, our high school alma mater nails and now today in our last installment you will see our general football nails. 🙂 Today we just went with anything football related and I’ve already seen Ryan’s and you’ll see that we both had similar ideas. 🙂 Make sure to check her nails out here. Now that you’ve been caught up to date… let’s see today’s…
How To Get These Nails:
- Base coat.
- Paint your middle finger with ChG Mahogany Magic.
- Paint the rest of your fingers ChG White On White.
- Apply a coat of Seche Vite to all the white nails. You don’t have to worry about that with the brown nail yet.
- Mix a little Essence Oh De Prep with some ChG Kalahari Kiss on a piece of tin foil and then use a piece of Saran Wrap to dab it on top of the ChG Mahogany Magic.
- Use a white striper to make the little football laces on top of your brown football nail.
- On the rest of your nails, which are now white, place some striping tape across your nails at regular intervals. Make sure they’re completely dry before you do this though.
- Use a makeup sponge and Essie Mojito Madness and Ulta The Jungle Look to make a gradient over the striping tape. As soon as you’re happy with your gradient, remove the striping tape.
- Cover your green nails with Seche Vite and admire your fun nails!!
I am actually really happy with how these nails turned out! I love my football field-esque striped and gradient nails and I think the subtle Saran Wrap mani technique gave the “football” a little texture. Don’t forget to check out Ryan’s nails and let us both know how you liked this final installment! As always, thanks for reading and till next time- Happy Polishing!!