Hey There Polished People!
I think I already told you all this, but Cynthia from Of Life and Lacquer was so sweet and sent me my first two Sation polishes, which I LOVE!! One of the polishes she sent me was Rock A Guy Blue which is a really pretty deep blue. To me it leans slightly green… don’t get me wrong this is not a teal color but the blue is more green than purple if that makes sense. It probably doesn’t. Haha. Let’s just say- it’s a lovely navy blue! I was talking to Cynthia one night on Twitter (which I often do!) and I was asking her for suggestions on how to use this blue. She mentioned using gold and I was like, “Ah ha! Brilliant!” so I took Cynthia’s genius idea and stamped away on my purdy blue nails. I really like the result and got lots of compliments. Wanna see? 🙂
Royal Stamped Nails
How To Get These Nails:
- Base coat. I use SH Hard As Nails.
- Paint your nails with 2 coats of Sation Rock A Guy Blue. I usually use three coats, but this polish is so opaque you could probably actually get away with one careful coat.
- Apply a coat of Seche Vite and allow your nails to dry and harden. You don’t want squished nails! 🙂
- When your nails are ready, use Essie Good As Gold and BM 203 to stamp the gold design on each nail.
- Apply a very careful coat of Seche Vite. And ta-daaaa these regal-looking blue nails. 🙂
I am just loving these Sation polishes so much. They’re made by Miss Professional Nail, which did a total revamp of their polishes earlier this year. Cynthia’s been a big spokeswoman for them and the more I see and get to try, the more I love them! I just love the bottle and the formula and really just have nothing bad to say about them. 🙂
Have you tried the Essie Mirror Metallics for stamping yet? As you can see- they work SOOO WELL!! Let me know what you think of these nails and till next time- Happy Polishing!! 😀