Hey There Polished People!
If there’s one thing I like it’s trying new things, so when the opportunity arose to be part of the VoxBox program I jumped on it. This was my first VoxBox and what I plan on doing is giving you a little intro to each product and then as I use them more and get some better pictures of the products maybe I’ll write more in-depth reviews in separate blog posts. If there is anything you’re particularly interested in, don’t hesitate to leave me a comment or send me an email asking about it and I’ll do a more thorough review focusing on the aspect you were wondering about. 🙂
Here’s My First VoxBox!!
My Beauty Bloggers VoxBox arrived in the mail like this and mannnn was I excited!! I was a little disappointed to see that the box had gotten a little beat up but oh well… I was hyped to open it! 🙂
Inside it looked like this. I was a little horrified at the amount of packaging… NONE!
When I removed all my goodies I was excited to try them but disappointed that my NYC eye shadow was broken. I think the glare is hiding the crack but at the top where the hinge is the whole top is broken off so you can’t really shut the eye shadow. I was just thankful that the shadow itself wasn’t all shattered. I wish whoever packages these boxes would put a little padding inside to protect the products.
- E Boost energy drink powder. It tasted okay.. kind of like a watered-down Tang. Will I buy this again- probably not.
- Not Your Mother’s kinky moves curly hair creme. Smells fantastic, didn’t do much for my not-so-curly, only wavy hair but did zap any frizz and did not make my hair greasy which was a big plus.
- Kiss Ever Pro Lashes. Nice quality but a bit heavy and full for my preference. I’ll wear them with Halloween costumes, and maybe out on the town but not to a wedding or anything.
- NYC New York Color IndividualEyes eye shadow palette. I got the palette in greys and black. I liked this a lot and really appreciated the primer that came with it. I was sad it was broken but this is one of my favorite items from the box. I’ll do a more thorough review later.
- White Barn mini candle in Mahogany Teakwood. SMELLS AWESOME!!! I only wish it were larger. I seriously love the smell of this, it smells faintly of men’s aftershave and soap. I love this type of scent. The candle is fragrant but not too fragrant. Burn time was a solid 10 hours or so and I still have a little left. Not bad for a baby candle like this. 🙂
- Vita Bath Fragrance Mist. I usually don’t like body sprays because they’re too cheap smelling and at first I thought this was the same, but after I used it and let it “sink in” I actually really like it. Mine is a rose scent but it’s nice and clean and light, yet lasts a long time. I also use it as a room spray.
- And last but not least- Goody Spin Pins. These are ingenious!! I absolutely love these things and use them allll the time. I received mine in the perfect hair color, too. These are my new go-to hair product. Expect a more thorough review of these in the future.
I was happy with what I got! Most of it is stuff that I’ll actually use, and all of it was good quality!! If I had to pick two things to recommend to people it would definitely be the Goody Spin Pins and the NYC IndividualEyes eye shadow. As you may know I’ve used NYC nail polish before and have been impressed with their quality. The same goes for their eye shadow. It’s an inexpensive brand that keeps their quality up! I love it! 🙂
Have you tried any of these products? Are there any that you would like more information on? All of these products can be found in a drugstore near you. Many have been spotted at Walgreens but I’m sure you can find them elsewhere. Let me know what you think and till next time- Happy Polishing!! 😀