Hey There Polished People!
One thing I really like about the challenge posts every three days is that I have lots of time to try several different looks for each topic. These nails that you’re about to see were some I was trying out for the polka dot day, but as you know I ended up doing something else. Tomorrow is stripes day so I thought these would fit in perfectly right here! I’m not a big fan of these nails but they’re like “alright.” You all will have to let me know what you think.
Striped and Dotty Nails
How To Get These Nails:
- Base coat. 🙂 Don’t forget!
- Paint all of your nails except for the ring finger with 3 coats of ChG Kalahari Kiss.
- Paint the ring finger nail with Essence Little Miss Sunrise.
- Using Sation Rock A Guy Blue and a small dotting tool, add the blue dots sporadically to all fingers but your ring finger.
- Using Essence Little Miss Sunrise and a large dotting tool add the yellow dots in between the blue on all but the ring finger.
- Using the two colors from above, a piece of tin foil and a makeup sponge, make a gradient on the ring finger.
- Apply a coat of Seche Vite to your ring finger and allow that nail to dry thoroughly.
- When dry, use striping tape to tape off the lines like you see in my picture, then paint your nail with 2 coats of ChG Kalahari Kiss. Remove the striping tape as soon as you’re done with the final coat of Kalahari Kiss.
- Apply one careful coat of Seche Vite, then one more if you feel like you need more smoothing out.
- Repeat on the other hand and then show your friends! And by “friends” I mean me, on Twitter. 😉
What is your favorite way to use dots in a manicure? I love my dotting tool and definitely need to use it more. I’d love some suggestions! As always, thanks for reading and till next time- Happy Polishing!! 😀