Hey There Polished People!
Today is Friday… woo hoo!!! Besides being the beginning of the weekend which is always a good thing, today brings us another Friday Football post from me and Ryan over at Nail’d In The South. This week is our second to last post. Next week is general football nails then we’ll be done. For this week though, we are doing nails based on our high school alma maters. Where I went to high school we were the Scotsmen and our colors were red, black and grey. For my nails I decided to do an argyle design because the argyle design is somehow related to Scotland. Don’t worry- I fact checked that on Wikipedia so it MUST be true. 😉 Haha. Anyway- here are my nails!
Red, Black and Grey Argyle Nails
How To Get These Nails:
- Apply your base coat.
- Paint your nails with 2-3 coats of Ulta Concrete Evidence.
- Apply a coat of Seche Vite and allow your nails to dry thoroughly.
- Cut small strips of tape and use them to tape off your nails to do a diagonal checkered design. You can tape them like I did here in an ancient post or you can cut the pieces of tape at a right angle and apply two pieces of tape kitty-corner to each other on each nail in order to paint it faster.
- Paint your nails with OPI Big Apple Red, then immediately remove the tape. This will leave you with the checkered design.
- Use a black striper to add the black lines that bisect each square that you see in the picture.
- Apply a coat of Seche Vite to your nails and admire your awesome Scottish argyle nails!! 🙂
I hope you liked these nails! Make sure to let me know! High school for me was just fine… fun at times, sucky at others. I guess I had a pretty average experience. I had times when I was unpopular, I had times when I was popular, and really, does it even matter? Not once you’re out! 🙂 Did any of you have a particularly exciting time? Tomorrow is a challenge post day so you’ll see my dotty nails. 🙂 Thanks for reading and till next time- Happy Polishing!! 😀