Hey There Polished People!
Today’s a double post day… Time for some football nails!!! As you may remember, Ryan from Nail’d In The South and I are doing football nails each Friday! Well, today brings us to our NFL Nails. Guess which team Ryan roots for? The Saints! Guess who I root for? ALSO the Saints!! I am not that big of a football fan but my husband has been a lifelong Saints fan (from back in the day when they were the “aints” haha) so I decided to take them on as my own. When I found out Ryan’s team was the same as mine we were both like, “Saints Nails Face Off!!!!” You’ll have to check hers out here and let us know how you like both of our New Orleans Saints Nails. 🙂 I bet you want to see mine now, huh? Here they are!
New Orleans Saints Nails
How To Get These Nails:
- Base coat all your nails.
- On your thumb, index finger, middle finger and pinky apply 2 coats of FP Black Expressionism.
- On your ring finger apply 2-3 coats of ChG I’m Not Lion.
- Apply a layer of Seche Vite to all of your nails and allow to dry.
- On your thumb, apply one thin coat of Cult Nails Alter Ego, and then a thin coat of WnW Tonight’s Gonna Be A Good Night.
- On your index finger use Nina Ultra Pro in Big Spender to write the words on your nails with a tiny paint brush or a toothpick.
- On your middle finger, you can either free-hand a fleur de lis or you can cut one out of cardstock like I did a use it as a stencil. I placed the stencil over my nail, sponged Big Spender on top and then used FP Black Expressionismto fix up the shape by smoothing out the edges with the black paint on a small paint brush.
- On the ring finger which is the sparkly nail, apply one thin coat of OPI Black Spotted. 😀 A big thanks to Sabrina from Polish In Paris for that polish!! 😀
- On your pinky apply a thin but uniform coat of Orly Sashay My Way.
- Apply a nice coat of Seche Vite to all your nails, being careful not to smear any nail art.
- Show your team spirit!! GoooooOOOOOoooo SAINTS!!! 😀
Alrighty, well there you have em- my New Orleans Saints Nails!! 🙂 Let me know what you think and how you came to decide your favorite team. I suppose if your city or state has a pro team maybe it’s easy but we don’t have a football team here so we have to get creative. 😉 Thanks for reading, and till next time- Happy Polishing!! 😀