Hey There Polished People!
Me and my lovely and spunky friend Ryan from Nail’d In The South have “teamed” up to bring you a football nails mini-series. Have you ever been picking your outfit out for the big game but didn’t know what to do with your nails? Do you want to show some team spirit but don’t want to paint your face up like a maniac? Do you love tailgating and looking festive? Do you wanna see our awesome nails anyway? If you answered yes to any of those questions, we are here to help!! For college football, I’m a fan of the Oregon Ducks, and Ryan is a fan of the Arkansas Razorbacks. As luck would have it, we BOTH are fans of the New Orleans Saints when it comes to NFL teams. What’s your team? Today we are both going to show you our college football nails. Each Friday, just in time for game day, for the next 4 weeks we’ll show you different football nails. Here’s a breakdown of what you’ll see:
Oct. 12: College Football Nails
Oct. 19: Pro Football Nails
Oct. 26: Team Swap/ Guest Post (Ryan does Ducks Nails here, I do Hogs Nails there)
Nov. 2: High School Football Nails
Nov. 9: General Football Nails
Hopefully we’ll give you some inspiration for what to do for your own teams (just switch the colors!) and show you some fun nails in the process. Shall we get to the first installment? 🙂
Oregon Ducks Nails
How To Get These Football Nails:
- Base coat.
- Paint your nails with 3-4 coats of ChG Sunshine Pop.
- Apply a coat of Seche Vite and allow to dry.
- Use Ulta The Jungle Look and a striping brush to paint one thick and one thin line towards the free edge of your nails.
- Use a short bristled nail art brush (I cut down an old striper) or a toothpick to draw the O with the same polish.
- When your O is done, use SH Celeb City (silver) to outline the O using a toothpick or a short bristled brush.
- When all the green and silver polish is dry, apply a coat of Seche Vite.
- Pack up that cooler and head to the tailgate!! 😀
Check out Ryan’s Hogs football nails by clicking here.
Do you have a favorite football team? Have you done team nails before? Let me know in the comments below! Thanks for reading and till next time- Happy Polishing!!! 😀