Good Morning Polished People!
Happy Monday! (is that an oxymoron?) Today begins a super-busy week for me. As you may know my brother is getting married next weekend (T minus 5 days!!) so there is lots to do before the I Dos. Starting tomorrow I’m going to show you some wedding nails that I’d like you to help me decide between, but until I put a few more designs together I want to show you some nails specifically requested by Alaina from The Little Canvas. I talk to her on Twitter all the time, and one night quite a few weeks ago she showed me a picture of some nails on Pinterest that she wanted me to recreate. I am pretty sure I recreated these to a T, which in retrospect is a little boring, but I was excited that I had the exact materials necessary to do it. She said they kind of looked like bug wings to her, hence the name. :) Let’s have a look, shall we?
Sparkly Insect Wing Nails
- Base coat. I used Essie Feed Me because I figured with the removal of this opaque glitter my nails would need all the hydration they could get!
- Paint your nails to opacity (we’re talking 3-4 coats) with OPI Gone Gonzo.
- Apply a thick coat of Seche Vite to smooth the glitter out slightly.
- Use Konad Special Black polish and stamp BM208 to stamp the design on each nail.
- Apply a final coat of Seche Vite and take these babies out into the sun, but try not to cause a plane crash with the light that is bound to reflect.
I thought these nails were pretty fun. Boy, were they sparkly! My goodness they were crazy pretty!! Even driving in my truck I was shocked with how much light these reflected all over the place. When I got these Muppet Collection glitters I wasn’t taking my pics outside (bad.. I know, I know) and it was winter so I didn’t even fully understand the sparkliness of these glitters. These nails were fun to wear, and got lots of compliments. Thank you, Alaina, for requesting them!!
How do you like these nails? What do you think they look like? :) Do you have a request for nails you’d like to see me do? If you do, don’t hesitate to leave your request here or Tweet me (@PolishMePlease). I always like trying new looks! :D Thank you all for reading and commenting, and till next time- Happy Polishing!! :D