Hello There Polished People!
Last week was my first week back at my summer job. For those of you who don’t know, I substitute teach during the school year and during the summer I work for the parks bureau running a summer program at a park. I pretty much just hang out with a bunch of kids and teens every day, outside (rain or shine) and serve between 30-70 free sack lunches at noon. We play games (bocce is a big hit since I started bringing it last year), sports (basketball, badminton, kickball), do crafts (gimp is hot hot hot), do the slip n slide (my favorite!) and pretty much do whatever the kids wanna do. We also made ice cream at the park last year, which was AWESOME! It’s a really fun job but also really tiring: You’re outside all day (either sweating or cowering under a pop-up canopy to stay out of the rain) and you just have to be “on” the whole time you’re there, watching the kids, being energetic and cheerful and patient, interacting with parents, making sure you’re following all the little federal lunch guidelines, etc. So- I’m pooped! I can hardly wait to get in bed, rub in my Badger Balm headache soothing balm and be off to sleep. For whatever reason (dehydration most likely, I’m not perfect about drinking enough water) I get headaches all the time in the summer… so anyway- let’s see the pics and get on with things. Sound good? 🙂
Neo Geo (Neon Geometric Print) Nails:
- Base coat (you all never skip this step, right? I know a lot of you are sinful non-tip-wrappers but you don’t skip your base coat, do you?? ;))
- Paint your nails an opaque white (I used OPI Alpine Snow this time).
- Apply 2-3 coats of ChG I’m With The Lifeguard. Are you seeing a pattern from yesterday? I wore the neon green nails for a day, then spiced them up with this stamp for the next. I love doing that, and do it allll the time.
- Apply one coat of Seche Vite (or your favorite top coat, of course) and allow to dry thoroughly. If you are doing these nails all in one night (instead of neon for a day, then stamping the next like I did) make sure you let all that white polish and green polish dry so you don’t squash it with the stamp. That is VERY annoying. Trust me on that.
- When your nails are dry and hard, use stamp RA108 and SH Brisk Blue to stamp the design on each nail.
- When finished with all the nails, apply your topcoat very carefully making sure on the first coat to never touch the same spot on your nail twice. That’s a sure-fire way to streak! 🙂
- Impress your friends/customers/coworkers! 😉
Did any of you participate in summer park programs when you were kids? If so, share your favorite memories in the comments below. Don’t forget to let me know how you liked these Neo Geo nails! 🙂 As always, thank you so much for reading and commenting, and till next time- Happy Polishing, people! ;D