Hello There Polished People!
Last week was my first week back at my summer job. For those of you who don’t know, I substitute teach during the school year and during the summer I work for the parks bureau running a summer program at a park. I pretty much just hang out with a bunch of kids and teens every day, outside (rain or shine) and serve between 30-70 free sack lunches at noon. We play games (bocce is a big hit since I started bringing it last year), sports (basketball, badminton, kickball), do crafts (gimp is hot hot hot), do the slip n slide (my favorite!) and pretty much do whatever the kids wanna do. We also made ice cream at the park last year, which was AWESOME! It’s a really fun job but also really tiring: You’re outside all day (either sweating or cowering under a pop-up canopy to stay out of the rain) and you just have to be “on” the whole time you’re there, watching the kids, being energetic and cheerful and patient, interacting with parents, making sure you’re following all the little federal lunch guidelines, etc. So- I’m pooped! I can hardly wait to get in bed, rub in my Badger Balm headache soothing balm and be off to sleep. For whatever reason (dehydration most likely, I’m not perfect about drinking enough water) I get headaches all the time in the summer… so anyway- let’s see the pics and get on with things. Sound good? 🙂
Neo Geo (Neon Geometric Print) Nails:
How To Get These Nails:
- Base coat (you all never skip this step, right? I know a lot of you are sinful non-tip-wrappers but you don’t skip your base coat, do you?? ;))
- Paint your nails an opaque white (I used OPI Alpine Snow this time).
- Apply 2-3 coats of ChG I’m With The Lifeguard. Are you seeing a pattern from yesterday? I wore the neon green nails for a day, then spiced them up with this stamp for the next. I love doing that, and do it allll the time.
- Apply one coat of Seche Vite (or your favorite top coat, of course) and allow to dry thoroughly. If you are doing these nails all in one night (instead of neon for a day, then stamping the next like I did) make sure you let all that white polish and green polish dry so you don’t squash it with the stamp. That is VERY annoying. Trust me on that.
- When your nails are dry and hard, use stamp RA108 and SH Brisk Blue to stamp the design on each nail.
- When finished with all the nails, apply your topcoat very carefully making sure on the first coat to never touch the same spot on your nail twice. That’s a sure-fire way to streak! 🙂
- Impress your friends/customers/coworkers! 😉
Did any of you participate in summer park programs when you were kids? If so, share your favorite memories in the comments below. Don’t forget to let me know how you liked these Neo Geo nails! 🙂 As always, thank you so much for reading and commenting, and till next time- Happy Polishing, people! ;D
Your job seems so fun! I used to work at a Summer sports camp for kids for a few years and I miss it! It was great hanging out with the kids and being outdoors all day…sniff. lol
I love love love your mani! The colors look amazing with that stamp!
Thank you. And yes it is really fun! Like any job there are crappy days and some things about it drive me up the wall but for the most part I look forward to it all year long. 🙂 The kids are so great and they’re so excited to see me the first week that it makes all the work and frustration worthwhile. Plus- I can do slip n slide and get paid for it! Who else can say THAT? ;D
So very true! lol! 😀
Man, I would be WIPED if I had your job!!! Props to you!!!
My parents made me go to day camp for a few summers as a kid and oh, good Lord, I hated every single second of it. My brother did, too. I remember that the owner or whatever did TOTALLY wear tube socks to his knees, lol! Camp in NJ *shudder*…my brother and I are still bitter. Somehow, your job sounds like a blast, though, haha!
Very cool nails…I bet they were a big hit! Very summer fun time!
Thanks… yeah lots of times I have a headache when I get home and not just from lack of water! :p But it’s the park so I try to let the kids be pretty much as loud as they want (within reason). This isn’t exactly a day camp, we serve lunch and do activities but it’s fully drop in. You (as a kid) can come and go as you please so that makes it more laid back for the kids and also for me. Also- I make it a point to avoid tube socks at all costs. I’ll stick with some sunglasses, sandals and dangly earrings for my trademark. Oh- and my summer fun time nails 😉
Yeah, we were bused in and out. This sounds much better. And regarding the tube socks, it was the 80s, but it was still funny, even as a kid.
Yeah tube socks are… well… tube socks. Haha. I hope he at least didn’t wear sandals w them!!
That’s tooooo pretty!!
Thank you!! Man, I love those nails in your picture! Cute!!
wait….i thought you said this design failed?! and it was that word i was going to steal for my blog but now can’t remember. this looks AWESOME!
The disasticure was a different square pattern stamp. Was this the one I asked you guys about?? I thought it was the other one but I’m probably wrong. Disasticure. That’s your word you’re looking for. 😉