I hope you all had a nice weekend with your moms or if you’re a mom yourself, had a nice weekend with your kids.. AND maybe your mom too 🙂 I imagine some day when I have kids I’ll spend the day with my kids and my mom. It’s funny cuz I’m in my upper twenties these days but I still feel like I’m maaayyyybe like 25…? I don’t really feel like a “real” adult even though I’m married, we own our home and I’m done with school (except for some continuing education credits I need to take… more on that later.. or never! haha). I don’t even know how old I look. There’s a guy who does the set-up for my art classes and I sometimes talk to him as he’s setting up tables and I’m getting out paints, paper, etc for class and I thought he must be around my age… like maybe a couple of years younger… like 25ish… well… turns out he’s 22!!! I was like dannggggg I wonder how old he thinks I am?! But it’s not like I wanna ask, cuz he probably wont know if I’ll be offended and wont wanna say. Anyway- the moral of the story is that when I have kids I feel like maybe THEN I’ll feel like a real adult… but maybe not. When did you all start feeling like a real adult?? Help a girl out!!
On to the nail polish-
Diagonal and Dot Neon on Neon Nails:
- Base coat them bad boys.
- Apply ChG White on White to opacity (one good coat usually does it).
- Apply 2 coats of Orly Glowstick.
- Apply 1 coat of Seche Vite and allow to dry thoroughly.
- Once the Seche is completely dry, use striping tape to tape a diagonal line from one corner of your nail to the opposite corner. Apply another strip of tape parallel to the first. Repeat this for all of your nails.
- Use FP Inkblot Blue to polish from the first strip, over the second and down to the cuticle and side of your nail. After you polish one hand, remove the tape before doing the next. If a little polish went where it’s not supposed to, just use your clean up brush in some remover to straighten it out a little.
- When you’re done painting the diagonal bits and removing the tape, place a drop of the blue polish on a square of tinfoil.
- Use a toothpick or dotting tool to put the three dots on each nail.
- Allow plenty of drying time after you finish up the dots.
- When the dots are completely dry- carefully apply a final coat of Seche Vite and you’re done 😀
I didn’t particularly love these nails and I actually took them off after a few minutes. Now that I’m typing up these instructions I’m realizing they were pretty time-consuming so I don’t necessarily recommend you do these in particular. This design though would look really good with different colors. Dark and light blue would look good. Black and nude would look really awesome… just make sure to use a dark opaque-in-one-coat color for the stripes and dots cuz as you can see my dots look a little fuzzy cuz they took a couple of layers of polish to be opaque. If you try these make sure to tweet me a pic! 🙂
Let me know when you all started feeling (or plan to feel) like a real adult!! 🙂 I hope you at least found these nails mildly amusing! Haha. Thanks for reading and Happy Polishing!!