Hey Polished People!
Happy Cinco de Mayo!! Have a shot of tequila for me! ;D Today I have my current fave nails to share with you. I did these nails and then asked my fellow nail blogger friends for suggestions for a name. Kristen from In The Name of Polish (check out her blog!) said she calls them “fcukin awesome” and then we all were like totally on the fcukin awesome bandwagon. I said I’d call them fcukin awesome striped nails and she said call them FANS fcuckin awesome striped nails or fcuckin awesome nautical stripes… whatever. Maybe I switched the letters. ;p Anyway, they’re pretty dang awesome and she is an expert nail namer!! 😉 So, thanks Kristen now I’m gonna bug you allll the time 😉 Here they are-
Fcuckin Awesome Nautical Stripes:
How To Get These Nails:
- Use your favorite basecoat.
- Apply ~3 coats of Essie Jelly Apple.
- Apply a coat of Seche Vite and allow to dry thoroughly.
- Tape your nails off with scotch tape diagonally so the tips are exposed, and then use striping tape to tape off three stripes on those exposed tips.
- Use Cult Nails Time Traveler to cover the exposed nail at the tip.
- Paint one hand at a time and then remove the tape before moving on to the next hand.
- Allow plenty of drying time once the tape is removed before adding your top coat. When you apply your top coat, drag the brush in the direction of the stripes to avoid smearing them.
- Once your topcoat is on and dry, tweet me a pic and you’re done! 😉
Let me know how you all liked these nails!! I totally loved them and did NOT want to take them off. I did though to try out my new holo polish. Wait till you see a full mani of that! Ooooh it’s soooo prettyyyyy! 😀 Thanks for reading, leave your comments below, and Happy Polishing!!! 🙂
*****PS: Don’t forget about that tequila! Adios mis amigos!!*****