I’ve been listening to the new Gotye album non-stop for the last couple of days and I don’t exactly know what to think of it. I definitely get the throwback to Phil Collins/Hall and Oates, etc as it’s pretty obvious, and I like how many interesting sounds he includes on the album but I just don’t know if I’m intellectual enough to fully appreciate it! haha. People have said it’s changing pop and rock music and all this but… idk. I’m not sure. If you have heard it, let me know what you think. I do love LOVE LOVE “Somebody That I Used To Know.” I can’t get enough of that song. I love how it’s soft and kinda vulnerable, then so powerful… love it. 🙂
So, today I have some blue and black nails for you. I wore the final polish from the Lust and Lace collection that I swatched and added some nail art on top using one of my Red Angel plates. I actually really wanted to use this particular plate because over at Of Life and Lacquer, she’s always doing these blue and white nails that remind me of china (the plates and stuff, not the country). Her stamping is superb, unlike mine which is sometimes kinda uneven and whatnot, but I still wanted to do something kinda china-inspired because of all her awesome nails I’m always seeing. I know china is blue and white, not blue and black, but the pattern made me think of china. Maybe it doesn’t look china-ish to you… leave me alone! :p
- Apply your favorite base coat.
- Cover your nails with two coats of Ulta Let Your Garter Down.
- Apply one coat of Seche Vite or your favorite top coat and let dry thoroughly.
- When the black with blue glass fleck base is dry, use SH Brisk Blue and RA 104 to stamp the blue flower design on each nail.
- Apply a final coat of Seche and ta-daaaaa you’re done! Don’t they look cute!? 😀
I’m feeling quiet today I guess so I’ll end it here. Let me know what you think, thanks for reading and till next time… 😉