Good Morning Polished People!
This weekend I’m at the beach with my family. When we all go to the beach together we do a lot of laughing, chatting, drinking, playing and just in general have a great time. I made a ton of jello shots to take down to the beach, my mom is bringing mudslides, my husband and my dad are both bringing different kinds of whiskey and the only thing we are going to be missing that we usually have is tequila! I’m a tequila shot kind of girl when I’m in the mood to really drink so since I might miss my tequila, I did some nails that make me think of tequila and lime. They’re also fitting because they’re loud- just like all of us when we’re drunk! Haha. Does anyone else get that way? (Everyone should raise their hand now, cuz even if you THINK you’re not a loud drunk, I can almost guarantee you ARE! :p) Anyway, let’s see the nails!
Tequila and Lime Nails:
- Apply your favorite base coat, I used Essie Feed Me.
- Apply 3-4 coats of ChG Sunshine Pop. Just make sure it’s nice and opaque.
- Apply 1 coat of Seche Vite. Allow to dry thoroughly.
- When the yellow is totally dry, cut 15 triangles of tape and stick them to the back of your hand.
- Apply three triangles of tape to each fingernail of one hand. Arrange them in a sunburst-type design with the points reaching at about the point a french tip would start.
- Once all your tape is stuck onto your nails, use OPI Did It On Em to paint over the tape, being careful to cover the entire nail.
- After every couple of nails if you’re quick, or after every nail if you’re slow, carefully remove the tape.
- When one hand is completely painted and the tape is removed, repeat steps 4-7 on the other hand.
- Apply a final coat of Seche Vite and admire your bright nails! 🙂
I have been so excited to go to the beach!! When I was having all that trouble with my gallbladder I was just thinking “Please don’t let this affect my beach trip!!!” And luckily, it didn’t! I love going to the beach! When it’s nice outside it’s fun to walk along the beach and check out tide pools, lighthouses and sometimes ride bikes . When it’s stormy it’s fun to watch the waves crash along the beaches and watch the flags whipping in the wind at nighttime. And it’s ALWAYS fun to play all the games along the turn around. There is this one game, Fascination, which is pretty much like BINGO only it’s played by rolling a ball into holes in a BINGO style grid. You win by getting the ball in 5 holes in a row just like BINGO or if it’s blackout time, getting the ball to fall through every hole on the board. Oh, and you don’t just roll it, you have to roll it over this jump/hump type thing and THEN get it to fall into the holes you are aiming for. It’s addictive, simple and super fun to play with friends. The group I’m with is always the loudest group there, we just get so excited!! One time when I was at the beach with my husband, a couple of friends and my brother I won SO MANY games of Fascination that I earned enough tickets to win a hoodie. It was awesome! I was kicking butt and taking names. Hopefully later this afternoon I’ll be playing that well again 😉 Oh- while I’m bragging, I’m also quite the darts thrower and my dad likes to go to this little tavern that he, my mom and my grandparents used to go to when they were young and would run to the beach on a whim, and they have darts. My dad has this idea that he’s gonna whoop me every time but guess what? He’s usually wrooonnnnngggg! 😉 We’ll see how this pans out. WISH ME LUCK!
Where ever you live, do you have a favorite beach spot? What’s your favorite thing to do while you’re there? Also- are you a tequila fan or are you one of those people that make a horrid face just at the thought of it? Haha. As always, thanks for reading!! Happy Polishing! 😀