Good Morning and Happy Monday!
I was tagged by Mae over at Mae’s Beauty Reports, a blog I read frequently, to be part of this quite-extensive getting-to-know-you Q&A game. Since I like sharing things about myself and if I have something to hide, you’ll never know ;p, I thought “What the heck!” So here it goes.
The rules of this game are simple. You get tagged, you must tell 11 things about yourself, answer the tagger’s 11 questions, tag 11 new people and then write 11 questions for them to answer. No tag backs, etc, etc. If you didn’t get tagged and think this is a fun idea, please consider yourself tagged NOW 🙂 Leave a message at the bottom stating that you’re self-tagging and I’ll hop on over to see your answers. 🙂 If you don’t have a blog but wanna play, leave an answer or two in the comment section. I always like getting to know fun, quirky things about people 😉 Let’s get started.
11 Things About Me
- I go on at LEAST a 1,000 mile road-trip every summer. I once drove/road almost 800 miles in one day. Oof. I don’t necessarily recommend it, but I’m not gonna advise against it either. 🙂
- I pretty much hate bathing. Yes, this is gross. It is also true. Luckily, I also hate being dirty. If it was possible to magically snap my fingers and be clean I would never step foot in the shower. I hate how long my hair takes to dry and I also hate the blow dryer. First world problems, huh?
- I’ve gone bungee jumping before, but I definitely don’t consider myself to be adventurous.
- I love to swim and be out in the sun, but I almost always wear sunscreen. I’m naturally somewhat tan and work outside in the summer so I honestly don’t need to get even MORE sun and look like a sun-dried turd.
- One of my favorite quotes is: No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. -Eleanor Roosevelt
- My favorite color is orange. This fact was cemented in the summer after 7th grade shortly after the movie 5th Element came out (I think! Or we just got really into it.) and I died my hair orange like Mila Jovovich in the movie.
- I HATE/am TERRIFIED of butterflies, moths and mosquito-eaters. Fact.
- I played basketball from 3rd grade through HS, chickened out of try-outs in college cuz I was too shy. I don’t think I’d have made it anyway, but I did/do love basketball.
- My “real” job is being an elementary teacher but with the job situation being what it is, especially in my state and area, I sub, teach art classes, and tutor during the year and do a summer playground program during the summer.
- I used to think the 3 necessities in life were Altoids, hoodies and built-in-bra tank tops. Guess I was gonna go pants-less. :p I distinctly remember having a lengthy conversation about this with my friend Robert when I was in HS or just out of HS.
- Some of my favorite musicians of all time include but are NOT limited to: Sublime, Nicki Minaj, Jonny Lang, The Beatles, Adele, 311 (old), Eminem, and Zac Brown Band.
- **BONUS** I’m a spelling/grammar nazi.
My Answers to Mae’s 11 Questions
1. What is the best gift you have ever received? This could be interpreted either way, a lesson or experience, or an item / actual “gift”
Hmmm… I’m gonna go literal cuz I’m shallow and like presents. A lot. My favorite gift (although I like ALL presents, seriously, I’m a 5 year-old when it comes to Xmas and my bday, ask my husband, mom, dad, brother, friend, some dude I saw on the street on my bday) is a tie between the swimming pool my dad got for me (above ground but totally legit) when my brother was being born “You have to have a brother, but look! we got you a pool!” and the diamond earrings my husband got me shortly after we started dating. They are the gift that keeps on giving cuz we keep trading them in for bigger and better earrings. Right now I’m up to some nicely sized princess-cut studs with le pousette (sp?) backs because I LOST an earring a couple of years ago! 😦 I wear these every day, all day in my 2nd piercing.
2. If you could have dinner with one celebrity, dead or alive, with whom would it be, what would you dine on, and what would you talk about?
Jimmy Fallon and Beyonce, pizza and how I can be more like them 🙂
3. If you had your own clothing line, what would it be called, who would it be catered to, and what would be a few of the main colors included in the line?
It’d be called Elocin, be catered to people from ~20-30 and would be styles that aren’t your mom’s clothes but also aren’t teenage styles. That in-between stage is kinda difficult, I think. When I was 20 I didn’t necessarily wanna dress like a 16 year-old, but I definitely didn’t wanna dress like I was 36. The colors would be all kinds of colors. Tasteful brights, neutrals, everything just like we all need. 🙂
4. What is your favorite product that you just could not live without, and why?
My eyelash curler. I have these fairly long but crazy straight Asian eyelashes that practically cover my eyes and if I don’t curl them I feel like I look like a boy.
5. If you could eat one food for the rest of your life what would it be?
Meat and cheese salad from Original Taco House. And I’ll have salsa, not dressing please. If I didn’t need to worry about any sort of nutrition/fat situation I’d go with ice cream.
6. When and why did you first start blogging?
I started blogging in September or November of 2011. I decided to start because I wanted another creative outlet and to justify my nail polish habit. 🙂 Also, I thought it’d be fun to share ideas with other people like me. That’s the best part, for sure.
7. What is your favorite make up brand, nail polish brand, and clothing?
Clothing- anything I like. Make up- bare minerals/bare escentuals. Nail polish- maybe China Glaze! Used to be OPI tho, for what it’s worth. :p
8. Who is your favorite storybook character and why?
Martha in Olive’s Ocean by Kevin Henkes. Why? Because I love that book and Martha makes a million revelations over one summer and I can relate to her even though I was a lot older than her when I read the book for the first time. I have read SO many books it’s really hard to pick. I am a big reader but now that I’m put on the spot I can’t think of one character that I’m like IN LOVE with. What I hate are male characters who think they know what’s best for the female lead. I can relate to that and it infuriates me.
Alright, i will make the last few a little easier I know by now this has taken a lot of thinking and typing by now but I had fun and I hope you do, as well as reading others.
9. What is your dream job?
Creative director for a giant children’s recreation center or program.
10. What is one thing you have always wanted to do? (Ex. Bungee jump)
Go to the Holocaust museum in Germany.
11. What is your favorite thing to do in your spare time?
Sleep, paint my nails, talk to my family and friends, lay in the sun, swim. All tied.
People I am Tagging
(if you don’t want to participate, no problem. I realize not everyone wants to spend the time sharing 22 things about themselves. No prob. Also- I’m totally cheating and tagging people without checking through allll of their archives to see if they’ve done this before. I did cross off a couple, though, because they JUST did it.)
- When did you start your blog?
- What is your go-to nail look?
- Would you rather: Have your nails cut down to the nail bed for the rest of your life OR never wear makeup again?
- What is one thing you wish you would have known as a teen than you know now?
- If you could only have 3 nail products/polishes for the rest of your life, what would they be?
- What is one album you could listen to on repeat and never get sick of?
- What is one of your pet peeves?
- What would be your perfect day?
- Do your family and friends know about your blog?
- What is the last song you listened to OR the song currently stuck in your head?
- Share your personal mantra or a good quote. 🙂
Thanks to those of you who participate. If you have any questions or comments, blow up that comment form or hit me up on Twitter 😉 Till next time, Happy Polishing!!! 😀