Hello Polished People!!
These nail made me think of that old riddle I referenced in the title. If you know what the answer is, shout it out!! And the answer is NOT “a zebra in a blender” ewwwwww. Well… as you can see, I’m baaa-aaack! Gosh, I feel like I’ve been out of it forEVER. Oh yeah, cuz I have! Haha. I had my surgery last Thursday night after being in the ER for 10 HOURS (!!!) and got to come home from the hospital on Friday and here I am! I’m finally off the pain killers and now I feel tired but so much more energetic than I have since the surgery. Don’t misunderstand me though- the soreness and grogginess I feel after surgery is absolutely NOTHING compared to the gall bladder attack pain I was having every 2-3 nights. NOTHING. The surgery was a breeze and immediately following surgery I felt SO MUCH BETTER! Plus, my surgeon (from what I remember being high as a kite on pain killers and exhausted after 14+ hours in pain) was pretty cute. I even told my husband that! Haha. I think he was short tho… Anyway, the nails you are about to see were done while on pain killers and super tired. Not to mention doing my nails made my stomach hurt, which was totally weird since I don’t consider filing and painting my nails to be very strenuous, so be gentle 😉
Now, onto the nails:
- Paint your nails with your favorite base coast. I used Sally Hansen Hard As Nails.
- Apply 2 coats of FP Black Expressionism.
- Apply one coat of Seche Vite and allow to dry thoroughly.
- When dry, use Konad special white polish and BM 223 to stamp the zebra design on each nail.
- Apply your favorite top coat- I used Seche Vite.
- Ta-daaa! Classic print nails.
Now, these are cool, but what is a more classic combination than black and white and red? I think these nails can be stepped up a notch.
Zebra with Red Moon Mani Nails:
- Do the zebra print nails (above).
- Use french manicure nail guard strips, or hole reinforcement circles or tape to tape off your nails leaving the half-moon section bare.
- Paint the half-moon with SH Rapid Red.
- Allow the red to dry for a second, then apply Seche Vite top coat.
- Admire your classic yet sure-to-be-noticed nails. 🙂
When I knew I was going to have surgery I thought when I got out it would be so relaxing to have time off and just sit around painting my nails and blogging like a mad woman… well, as you can tell that didn’t exactly happen. I was more tired than I expected and needed to take the pain killers more than I anticipated. Since I’m young (and have never had any kind of surgery before) I guess I thought I should just have a slightly useless organ removed and then BOOM be back to regular life. Two days after getting out of the hospital I went to a Mary Kay makeup thingy with my brother’s fiancee and the day after that I got my hair cut so for the last day or two I’ve really been trying to just lay low. I think it’s working. 🙂
Thanks for hanging in there with me while blogging has been slow. I appreciate that and all the well wishes both on here and on Twitter!!! Till next time, Happy Polishing!! 😀