First off I want to say a big THANK YOU to all my reader friends who read my blog every day and comment. I appreciate the comments SO MUCH! It’s really the only way I know (except for those of you I chat with on Twitter all the time, which I also love) if you guys are enjoying my blog. I really just write my blog to share things I like with you all and to have a bit of an ongoing conversation about various nail things. 🙂 So sincerely, thank you all so much. It absolutely makes my morning (sometimes afternoon! ha) when I wake up and have comments to respond to! I love it!
Today I have some classy yet shimmery nails that I think you’re going to like… I sure liked them. Let’s cut the suspense (you’re feeling it, right???) and see the nails-
Gold to Copper Gradient Shimmer Nails:
How To Get These Nails:
- Apply your favorite base coat. I used SH Hard As Nails this time.
- Apply a coat or two of your favorite nude polish, I used Femme Couture French Cafe.
- Use a makeup wedge sponge (I got mine at the dollar store) and paint two stripes of polish on it, like this
- The dark color is ChG Harvest Moon, and the light color is ChG Fast Track, both from the Hunger Games collection.
- Use the sponge in the same way you would your stamper and roll it across each nail, then dab it a little making sure to get all the way to the edges of your nails. You will get lots of polish on your cuticles and around your nails. It’ll clean up.
- Apply more polish to the sponge as needed (I did about every 2 nails) and repeat step 5 for all your nails.
- When you’re done, use a slanted eyeliner brush and nail polish remover (or acetone, I just use remover) to clean up your cuticles and around your nails.
- Apply one coat of Seche Vite or other top coat and voila!!!! Purdy nails! 😉
I loved these!!! I liked how the two colors faded into one another, and I like how they’re kinda neutral yet sparkly 🙂 I love it. 😉 I have an early morning hair appointment (7:30) and as I sit here writing this the night before you’ll read it it’s already 2:10…. EEK! Good thing I can take a quick nap before work tomorrow! Anyway, the moral of the story is that I’m keeping this short and sweet. 🙂 See ya!
How did you like these nails? Have you tried gradient nails yet? Also- have you ever had the problem I did with using the foil method and it REALLY making your nails get stained?! My stains are crazy! They are lighter now but they were like the deepest bruise color, all from my ChG periwinkle polish! Crazy. As always, thanks for reading and Happy Polishing!!!