I’m sure everyone’s seen those awesome nails that are glossy black with a matte black tip. They’re so pretty, they’re simple to do and they make a big statement. Plus, I don’t know about you, but I love black nails and especially black nails with just a little something to set them apart. Here is my version of those:
- Apply Ulta basecoat.
- Apply 2 coats OPI Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous.
- Apply a coat of Seche Vite and allow to dry thoroughly.
- Once dry, use craft scissors to cut tape in desired shape.
- Tape off nails with cut tape, leaving tips exposed.
- Paint tips with Finger Paints Black Expressionism, do not remove tape.
- 2 nails at a time, apply 1 coat of Essie Matte About You, then remove tape. Repeat for all nails.
- Do not apply topcoat… your nails are done! 😀
I had a lot of fun trying the different edge designs made by my craft scissors. Sometimes it was hard to get my scissors to cut the tape perfectly, but I found if I actually stuck the tape to one side of the scissors, then closed the scissors to cut it, it worked much better. You’ll just have to try it with different scissors and see what works for you. I thought these were really fun and the combination of the Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous and the matte black was really cool. I’ll definitely be wearing these again. Till next time- Happy Polishing!