This morning I have some super-cute blue wave on wave on wave on wave nails for you. I combined 4 of my favorite blues to make these blue wavy nails. This afternoon you’ll see the nail art I put on top of these bad boys… I think you’re going to love it. 🙂
Here are my blue waves nails:
How To Get These Nails:
- Apply basecoat (I used Ulta basecoat for these)
- Apply 2 coats of For Audrey over entire nail, allow to dry slightly (~2 mins)
- Apply 3 thick strokes beginning at different spots along the nail of OPI Fly. I like to apply the first stroke in the middle and place it higher on the nail, but you can do whatever you want. You just don’t want a straight line across, you want that wavy look.
- Repeat the 3 thick strokes method with OPI Ogre the Top Blue.
- Repeat the 3 thick strokes method, making sure to wrap your tips with Ulta Moody Blues.
- Allow all the polish to dry for a little bit (~10 minutes) then apply one thick, careful coat of Seche. This will smooth out your design and make it super shiny and hard.
- Ta-daaa! Your nails are super cute! Feel free to try this with any combination of colors. 🙂
Fly and Ogre the Top Blue are really similar, but in real life you can see the difference. Fly is teal as opposed to the purely blue Ogre the Top Blue. I thought these looked pretty cool by themselves but just WAIT till you see what’s over them. SO cute. 😉 Gosh… now I’m over-hyping them and they’re gonna seem lackluster.. Too bad.. you’ll see em later! 😉
Thanks for reading!