Here’s another look from the runway for Spring 2012. Refinery29 has a perfect checkered manicure and here is my rendition. 🙂
What you’ll need:
- Base coat
- Ulta Eye Popping Poppy polish
- OPI Ogre the Top Blue
- Seche Vite
- SH Mega Shine top coat
How to get this look:
- Paint your nails with your base coat.
- Paint your nails with Eye Popping Poppy and allow to dry thoroughly. I actually waited until the next day to tape mine off because you’re going to be doing a lot of taping.
- When your poppy color is completely dry, tape off nails leaving only a square blank, making sure it’s the same square on each nail (for example, lower left quarter).
- Paint that square with the blue color. Apply one coat of Seche to speed drying, allow to dry thoroughly.
- When the blue is dry, tape off your nails again so that only the quarter/square of your nails “kitty corner” from the blue square is uncovered.
- Paint those squares blue.
- When all the nails are done, allow to dry for a minute, then apply Seche top coat.
- When Seche is dry, apply a coat of SHMS (Sally Hansen Mega Shine)
When your SHMS is dry, sit back and observe your super cute nails! 🙂
Have you done a checkered mani? How did yours turn out?