Although it’s only Fall 2011 right now, the runway mani looks for Spring 2012 are out and it’s time to try my hand at the looks to see if they’re doable. 🙂 I’ll be trying several Spring 2012 looks over the next few weeks, the first look I’ll be trying is the moon mani. Click here for Refinery29’s pic of this look off the runway.
What you’ll need:
- Base coat
- Ulta Moody Blues polish
- OPI Samoan sand polish
- Small round stickers such as page reinforcement rings
- Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Diamonds
- Seche Vite
- SH Mega Shine top coat
How to get this look:
- Paint your nails with your base coat.
- Apply 2 coats of Samoan Sand, allow to dry slightly.
- Cover Samoan Sand with one coat of SH Diamonds glitter polish.
- Allow the polish to dry thoroughly. You may want to coat with Seche Vite to aid in drying time. Or wear nude sparkly nails for a day and complete this mani tomorrow. 🙂
- Apply the page reinforcement rings to your nails so they cover where your natural moon would be. Press down to seal to the edges of the nail.
- Use Moody Blues to paint from the top of the page reinforcement ring to the tip of your nail, making sure to wrap the tips.
- Remove the stickers as soon as you paint each nail, or at least after every 2-3 nails.
- When all the nails are done, allow to dry for a minute, then apply Seche top coat.
- When Seche is dry, apply a coat of SHMS (Sally Hansen Mega Shine).
- Clean your cuticles…. look how mine are pre-cleaning!! EEK!
Ta-daaaa! You’re done! 🙂
Are you into the moon mani trend? How do you do yours? Check out my next post for a slight variation on this mani. In 2 minutes you can go from moon mani to nautical/racing stripe! 🙂