I wish I could remember where I saw it and who said it, but on one of the nail blogs the writer said about glitter polish: “If you can’t do the time, don’t do the crime.” And they were exactly right. Glitter polish is pretty, attention-getting, fun, sparkly, and a b**** to remove!!! I was teaching some kids about fact vs opinion (reading comprehension strategies) today and I have to say, that last statement would go under FACT!
There are 2 ways to remove glitter polish, the soak off method and the foil method. I used to soak mine off but now I use the foil method as it takes less time and is MUCH more gentle on my nails.
- Soak a cotton ball in remover. Make sure it’s good and saturated, but not necessarily dripping.
- Place the wet cotton ball on your nail, use a strip of foil to secure it to the end of your finger.
- Repeat for all your fingers (I do one hand at a time usually, feel free to do both)
- Wait about 7 minutes. I like to use this time to check out Twitter, Facebook, etc on my phone with my hand that is not all foiled up.
- Remove the foil and rub the nail gently to remove the glitter polish. See how much easier it comes off?! It’s a nail polish miracle!!! Do this for all your fingers.
- Re-use the foil and cotton balls for the other hand if you did one at a time, otherwise throw out your cotton balls and save your foil for next time. No need for new foil each time.
- Glitter up, gals!! 😉
Soak Off Method:
With these easy tips and a bit of patience, there’s no reason to fear the glitter litter! You KNOW glitter polish is worth it! 🙂
Pingback: Color Club Scented Polish “Very Merry Berry” (review)- Crazy, chunky glitter! | Polish Me, Please!
Pingback: “Save Me” From Boring Glitter? You Sure Did, Nicki! (Review) | Polish Me, Please!