Hey There Polished People!!
I hope you all enjoyed my swatches of the Fall 2013 Pixie Dust polishes last time. Today I have some simple, but what I thought were pretty, gradient nails using two of the fall Pixies and one of the summer Pixies. These nails combine 3 of my favorite Pixie Dust polishes, so I hope you think they’re pretty, too.
Purple Pixie Dust Gradient Nails
- You don’t “have” to, but I prefer to wear base coat under all my polish, so start with some SH Hard As Nails if you want to be like me
- Paint your nails white with NUP French White. Allow to dry thoroughly.
- Apply a stripe each of Zoya Tomoko, Zoya Stevie and Zoya Carter (in that order) onto a makeup sponge. Go over each stripe twice to make sure you have enough on the top and it all doesn’t just absorb into the sponge.
- Dab the sponge on one nail, moving slightly up and down the nail to create the gradient.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 for each nail.
- Repeat steps 3,4 and 5 one more time to get a smooth gradient.
- Since the Pixie Dusts are textured polishes, you don’t have to use topcoat so you’re done!
Currently my favorite thing to do with the Pixie Dust polishes, besides wear them plain as a sparkly, simple, super-quick mani, is to wear several gradient-style. I’m not sure why but they just blend so well and hardly ever become a disasticure! Points for you, Zoya! Let me know how you like these nails, and what you like to do with your Pixies. As always, thank you all for reading and till next time- Happy Polishing!!