Hey There Polished People!
Now that the weather is getting NEARLY springy out here in the Pacific Northwest, meaning it doesn’t rain 100% of the time, I’ve been enjoying being outside a little chatting with my husband while he splits wood or attempting to throw the ball for Bubba and Minnie. In case you don’t know, Minnie is a roughly 8 pound Maltese/mix dog, and BubbaCharles is a 90 pound Blue Tick Coon Hound. Minnie is kind of too small to catch a ball, but Bubba is plenty big. His problem is that he just doesn’t quite know how! As evidence I bring you exhibit A:
What Bubba is quite good at, though, is jumping through a hula hoop! I couldn’t find his old hula hoop so I went out and bought him a new sparkly gold and purple hula hoop. He loved it. I will now show you exhibits B, C and D:
It sure brings a smile to my face to see his big doggy butt jumping through the hoop, and it makes him happy, too. In closure of the Bubba segment of this post, I’ll show you exhibit E:
Ready to see my semi-Springy nails?
Pink and Orange Needle Drag Nail Art
How To Get These Nails:
- Basecoat. I used SH Hard As Nails.
- Paint your nails with OPI Koala Bear-y.
- Apply a coat of Jessica Brilliance and allow your nails to dry.
- When your nails are dry and mostly hardened, you will need to do the next two steps quickly so get OPI Koala Bear-y, OPI A Roll In The Hague and a needle handy.
- One nail at a time, apply a thick layer of OPI Koala Bear-y, then immediately apply a stripe of OPI A Roll In The Hague down the center of the nail and immediately after that use a needle to drag from one side of the nail to the other, alternating directions with each drag.
- Repeat step 5 for each nail. Remember to work quickly.
- When you’re done with all of your nails, apply a final coat of Jessica Brilliance and ta-daa! You’re done!
I wish I’d used different shades for this mani. In person the effect was somewhat subtle and cool, but in pictures, as you can see, it was almost indistinguishable. When I asked people what their favorite nail color combinations were, Siobhan from For The Love Of Nail Art said that one of her favorite combos was pink and orange. I love that combo too, so that was my inspiration. Next time I will use a lighter and a darker shade of the two colors to help it show up better, but for now… ehhh it’s ok.
Do you have any pets? Do your pets do any fun tricks? Also- weigh in on the nails. Do you do much needle-dragging? As always, thank you all for reading and till next time- Happy Polishing!!