Hey There Polished People!
Have you seen those crafts on Pinterest where you melt down old partial crayons in a muffin tin and they turn into multi-colored crayon discs? If you work with kids you probably know what I’m talking about. Anyway- today’s nails look like that. Let’s just get to em, shall we?
Melted Rainbow Nails
- Base coat.
- Paint your nails with 2 coats of Nina Ultra Pro French White. This is THE BEST white polish. You can find it at Sally Beauty Supply for like 4 bucks, I definitely recommend you give it a try.
- Allow your nails to dry to the touch. The drier they are, the easier I find the Migi Nail Art pens (in the next step) to work with.
- Using blue, red, yellow, green, pink and orange Migi Nail Art pens or other nail art pens or even toothpicks and those colors of regular polish make oddly shaped blobs of each color on each nail, overlapping just the slightest bit.
- Allow all your beautiful blobs (beautiful blobs must be the follow up song to Fergie’s lovely lady lumps song??) to dry to the touch, then apply your favorite top coat. I used Ulta X Dry this time and wasn’t really a fan. It dried quickly, but dried kind of gummy/rubbery textured which I do not like. I like my glass-smooth Seche Vite but I’m trying not to use it for the time being.
- Show off your rainbow-rific, melted-looking nails!
How do you like these nails? If you “like” Polish Me, Please! on Facebook you have already seen some nail art I did on top of these. I’ll be posting those nails here in the next several days though, so don’t worry, you’ll see them either way. I hope you all have a great weekend and as always, thanks for reading and till next time- Happy Polishing!!