Hey There Polished People!
I hope you all had a nice weekend and those of you in the US, I hope you got a three-day-weekend and enjoyed it. My mom had Presidents’ Day off so we went shopping for some new tennis shoes for me and guess what? Wommmp wommmmmpppp… unsuccessful shopping trip. I hate when that happens!! I just want some cute but not-too-expensive tennis shoes, and all I could find were shoes that were in the wrong sizes for me and a few that were way too expensive. Booo!!! I’m hoping to go look at some other shoes tomorrow and maybe find a pair. I don’t need a new pair for any specific reason, I just seriously only have ONE pair of athletic shoes that I bought like IN HIGH SCHOOL!!! I am 28 years old… that was a while ago!! Haha. So, needless to say, I’m a woman on a mission Keep your fingers crossed for me tomorrow!
Today I have some super cute and easy nails to show you. All you really need is some blue polish and a silver striper or a striping brush and some silver polish. Ready to see em?
Denim Herringbone Nails
How To Get These Nails
- Use your favorite basecoat.
- Paint your nails with Sation Rock A Guy Blue. I used two coats.
- Apply one thin layer of Cult Nails Doppelganger to add some shimmer and a denim look to the blue polish.
- When your nails are dry to the touch, use a silver Stripe Rite striper to make vertical lines down the length of your nails.
- Next, add the slanted lines between the vertical nails, making sure they don’t meet on either side of the vertical lines to create the herringbone pattern.
- When the striping is slightly dry use your favorite topcoat. I have been using SH Mega Shine, which dries quick and shiny, but not quite as hard as Seche Vite, hence the squishing/wrinkle on my pinkie.
These nails aren’t all that special exactly, but they were cute enough for a day at work, which is where I wore them. Also, which NEVER happens, they matched my outfit perfectly. I wore a navy top with subtle striping and then I had these nails so I was, like, SUPER matchy-matchy. I don’t necessarily think that’s a good thing, but it’s okay.
Let me know if you did anything exciting over the weekend and how you liked these nails! As always thanks for reading and till next time- Happy Polishing!!