Hey There Polished People!
I’m not feeling all too chatty today. I feel like all my attempted Valentine’s Day nails are turning out to be a mess. These are no exception, but maybe you’ll like the idea and do a better job yourself. The lady at the bank today really loved them and couldn’t believe I’d done them myself, so at least that was good. When I look at them I’m just like, “Ugggghhhhh!!!” Let’s see what you think.
Valentine’s Day Chevron Tip Heart Nails
How To Get These Nails:
- Use your favorite basecoat.
- Paint your nails with Ulta Baby Doll. I kinda hate this polish, it’s streaky and took like 3 coats to only be mostly opaque. It was annoying, and I just didn’t remember it being this way. I recommend using a different baby pink color.
- Use Essie Nothing Else Metals to paint the chevron tips on each nail. See this chevron tips tutorial if you don’t know how, they’re super easy.
- Use a dotting tool and Jessica Secret Love to make the hearts right above the chevron tip.
- Apply topcoat and call it macaroni!
I think I would like these better if the chevron tip and the heart were the same color, also I would have been happier if my hearts didn’t turn out sloppily. I don’t know what was wrong with me. Let me know if you try these nails yourself. Do you have a Valentine’s Day mani planned? Let me know in the comments below! Thanks for reading and till next time- Happy Polishing!!