Hey There Polished People!
One thing I really love is when people ask me questions about nails- like “How would you do this?” and send me a pic, or email me and ask a question that you think I’ll know the answer to because I’m such an expert I’m just kidding about the expert part, but I do paint my nails A LOT so I have plenty of experience and will do my best to answer your question. If people stopped interacting- stopped emailing, commenting, following on Instagram and liking my photos, stopped tweeting me and replying to my sarcasm with more sarcasm, blogging just wouldn’t be worth the time. I’d still paint my nails, and maybe post pics here and there on IG and Twitter but the comments and interaction are what make it all worth it. So- thanks to all of you who leave comments and chat with me on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook (if I can ever get my FB app to stop crashing I’ll be on there more) and elsewhere. It’s fun chatting about nails and everything else with you all! Today I have some nails that Casey from Everyday Adventures asked me about on Instagram. She’s actually a friend of mine from High School that I got back in touch with via FB and Instagram once we were both done with HS and college. She doesn’t know I have a blog (cuz no on knows I have a blog except for my mom and husband) but if enough of you click that link and check out her blog maybe she will now! Haha. Anyway- she saw this design on Pinterest, asked me how to go about doing it and if I thought she could, and she tried it herself. Hers turned out great! I thought it was a super-cute idea so I gave it a go myself. I’m pretty happy with how they turned out… ready to see?
Pink Polished Presents
How To Get These Nails:
- Base coat.
- Paint your nails with Essie Nothing Else Metals. Make sure to leave a little dry time between coats because this polish drags like a… well, you know.
- Using a light pink striping polish (I used a Stripe Rite striper from BigDaddyBeauty.com, you can find the stripers there in all the colors of the rainbow for 3 bucks!) paint two intersecting lines slightly off-center on each of your nails.
- Use the striper or a tiny brush dipped in the same polish to make the bow where the lines intersect.
- Optional: If you have a tiny little rhinestone, it would be super cute to place a little rhinestone in the center of the bow.
- Apply a coat of Seche Vite over your nails and admire your quick and classy festive nail art!!
Aren’t these just too cute? And they were so easy! They probably took me 5 minutes on top of the time it took to paint my nails. I could have taken an extra minute or two to redo a nail or two to make them more perfect and uniform, but I thought they still turned out well. If you’d like to recreate these nails, you can find lots of polishes including but not limited to the Stripe Rite striping polishes at BigDaddyBeauty.com. They have lots of nail polish at excellent prices, and currently with the code HolidayTrio you can get $5 off $35, $10 off $60 or $25 off $125. They have new and old collections from brands like China Glaze and Color Club. Let me know if you liked these nails and if you’ve tried anything like them in the comments below! Thanks for reading and till next time- Happy Polishing!! :D