Hey There Polished People!
Tomorrow is Jelly Sandwich Day for our nail challenge, so of course I tried out some jelly sandwiches before deciding which to post. After doing these nails that you’ll see today, I think you’ll agree that I picked the correct ones for tomorrow. I got the idea of combining two jelly sandwiches on one nail when I saw Work/ Play/ Polish’s post using ChG Skyscraper and Revlon Scandalous. Hers turned out super fabulous and I think we can all agree that mine, well… fell a bit short. It’s not as bad as my first attempt which, if you are so unlucky, you may have seen on Twitter (@PolishMePlease) but still… it aint that good. Haha. Let’s see em anyway-
Dual Jelly Sandwich Nails
How To Get These Nails:
- Base coat.
- Apply a thin coat of OPI Houston We Have A Purple on only the sides of your nails. You are going to leave the middle bare.
- Apply a thin coat of Dandy Colorblind Squared over the Houston We Have A Purple (only on the sides).
- Apply another coat of Houston We Have A Purple.
- Apply another coat of Colorblind Squared.
- Apply a final coat of Houston We Have A Purple. This is the general formula of a jelly sandwich- jelly, glitter, jelly, glitter, jelly.
- By now you should have two jelly sandwiches on the edges of each nail and bare nails down the middle. If you nails look super weird right now- you’re doing it right. You’re creating a trough of sorts which is how she did it on Work/ Play/ Polish.
- Fill the “trough” with Revlon Scandalous. You can do two medium coats to fill that gap or one thick coat, just fill the gap up to the same level as the jelly sandwiches. Scandalous is great for this because it’s like a jelly sandwich in a bottle. There are all these fuchsia glitters in small and larger sizes in a black base… it’s really a pretty polish.
- Apply a healthy coat of Seche Vite over the entire nail and allow to dry without gouging.
- Show your friends!!
Make sure to check out my inspiration over at Work/Play/Polish. Hers turned out soooooo pretty! Ugh, I hate polish jealousy! ;p Let me know how you think mine turned out and if you have any creative ideas for jelly sandwiches. I love them but I always like to give things a little twist. Tomorrow you’ll see a jelly sandwich that I’m really quite proud of. It’s more of a “jam” sandwich actually… you’ll have to see for yourself. As always, thanks for reading and till next time- Happy Polishing!!